What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

A Few Words About A few words about…™ Show Boat (1951) – in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Jim*Tod

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jim
Yep---and yes I know we are way off topic---I had a Panasonic Plasma with 3-D capacity and think KMK had the best and most imaginative use of the format I've seen. On the other hand the images on the Sony OLED 90J are so gorgeous and detailed at times it almost looks like 3-D. Not too many regrets on the upgrade.

edelweissflower

Supporter
Real Name
STEPHEN COWLEY
Yes, as poster Billy Batson said on another thread, it looked like watching a 3D movie without the special glasses! But, as I said on that thread, the version just shown last month on TCM had great layer alignment for almost the whole movie (there were a few minutes here and there that had a bit of mis-alignment, but nothing like the DVD). And it looked great all around. So, there's already a better version out there, and if they put the usual Warner Archive quality into it, it should make a stunning Blu-Ray.
Will we ever get a release of 'Showboat as per the soundtrack recording. I know the final print of the film was cut you don't for example see Gaylord (Howard Keel) and Magnolia's (Kathryn Grayson) wedding the picture of which was on a early VHS release of the film that I had?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anonymous01
Recent bookmarks