1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

A Few Words About A few words about... The Marx Brothers Collection

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Robert Harris, Apr 25, 2004.

1. Steve Christou

Steve Christou Long Member

Steve Christou
    What Ron said, start with the early Paramount comedies, which are better and funnier than the more lavish and song heavy MGM productions. That said though MGM's A Night at the Opera is my 2nd favorite Marx Bros film right after the gloriously zany Duck Soup. Hmmm I think I'll watch a couple of these at christmas.

"You're willing to pay him a thousand dollars a night just for singing? Why, you can get a phonograph record of Minnie the Moocher for 75 cents. And for a buck and a quarter, you can get Minnie."

2. Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick Producer

Is the DVD of "At the Circus" edited or missing a scene? I'm just watching the DVD's after a long break from the films and really enjoying them again but I am almost positive that "At the Circus" contains the skit of Chico comparing Marriage to a 3 Ring Circus. It was a great skit and I was surprised to not see it there. I'm almost certain it occurs near the beginning when Chico is going to send a telegram to request Groucho's services as a lawyer but its not there. Was this a cut print and no one noticed? I don't have my VHS or Laserdisc copies anymore but it was definately in both of those.

3. Steburstein

Steburstein Extra

Steven Burstein
    Very belated reply: That was in an Abbott and Costello movie, not At the Circus.

4. Bob Gu

Bob Gu Screenwriter

Bob Gudera
    It getting to be that time of the year.

af5ab280ea4d407c4bbc7228883f9ecb.

grouchoChristmas.
    marx-brothers-5-portrait.

5. williampl7@aol.com

[email protected] Stunt Coordinator

I first saw "At the Circus" fifty years ago, and in that time, besides many tv viewings, I've owned the VHS, laser-disc, DVD, and saw it at a revival theater, and never seen the gag with Chico and the three ring circus joke, only in Abbott and Costello's Wistful Widow of Wagon Gap.

6. David Weicker

David Weicker Producer

David
    just under the 'ten year' gun.