What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

A Few Words About A few words about... The Marx Brothers Collection (1 Viewer)

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
What Ron said, start with the early Paramount comedies, which are better and funnier than the more lavish and song heavy MGM productions. That said though MGM's A Night at the Opera is my 2nd favorite Marx Bros film right after the gloriously zany Duck Soup. Hmmm I think I'll watch a couple of these at christmas.

"You're willing to pay him a thousand dollars a night just for singing? Why, you can get a phonograph record of Minnie the Moocher for 75 cents. And for a buck and a quarter, you can get Minnie."

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Is the DVD of "At the Circus" edited or missing a scene? I'm just watching the DVD's after a long break from the films and really enjoying them again but I am almost positive that "At the Circus" contains the skit of Chico comparing Marriage to a 3 Ring Circus. It was a great skit and I was surprised to not see it there. I'm almost certain it occurs near the beginning when Chico is going to send a telegram to request Groucho's services as a lawyer but its not there. Was this a cut print and no one noticed? I don't have my VHS or Laserdisc copies anymore but it was definately in both of those.

Real Name
Steven Burstein
Is the DVD of "At the Circus" edited or missing a scene? I'm just watching the DVD's after a long break from the films and really enjoying them again but I am almost positive that "At the Circus" contains the skit of Chico comparing Marriage to a 3 Ring Circus. It was a great skit and I was surprised to not see it there. I'm almost certain it occurs near the beginning when Chico is going to send a telegram to request Groucho's services as a lawyer but its not there. Was this a cut print and no one noticed? I don't have my VHS or Laserdisc copies anymore but it was definately in both of those.
Very belated reply: That was in an Abbott and Costello movie, not At the Circus.

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
It getting to be that time of the year.

af5ab280ea4d407c4bbc7228883f9ecb.png

grouchoChristmas.jpg

marx-brothers-5-portrait.jpg

[email protected]

Supporting Actor
I first saw "At the Circus" fifty years ago, and in that time, besides many tv viewings, I've owned the VHS, laser-disc, DVD, and saw it at a revival theater, and never seen the gag with Chico and the three ring circus joke, only in Abbott and Costello's Wistful Widow of Wagon Gap.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks