What's new

A Discovery on My Futurama Discs (1 Viewer)

Dom_R

Grip
Hi everyone, I don't know if this is the proper place to post this but here it goes:

Last night while I finished watching the last few episodes on my Futurama Volume One set, I noticed something that appears on the art of all the discs but is clearer on the third. I moved the disc around in the light a little bit and noticed that it said "Antwone Fisher" within the artwork. It is slightly shinier than the rest of the work, but nothing noticeable just by taking it out and looking at it really fast. What do you guy's think?

Aaron Cohen

Second Unit
Haha wow! I'm at work now but am actually anxious to get home to see exactly what you're talking about. Antwone Fisher was put out by Fox as well, perhaps something got a little mixed up? How big are the words Antwone Fisher? Does it look like a full printed Antwone Fisher disc image under the Futuarma artwork or just the words Antwone Fisher? Is it in any specific part of the disc (closer to the edge or middle)?

And it's on all of the discs? I'll look very closely at my discs when I get home and let you know if the same thing is on mine.

Dom_R

Grip
The words are decent sized. I'll have to check again to see if its the full Antwone Fisher disk art, but the title "Antwone Fisher" is on all of the disks but is a little clearer on the third (the one with the purple background). It is printed in the same spot on every disk, on the top portion of the dvd. I'm anxious to see if anyone else's DVD has this printed on it.

Han

Second Unit
I had to check this thread while at work:). Hopefully, I'll remember when I go home, then reply back again after the weekend... That's likely:D

Aaron Cohen

Second Unit
This is pretty wierd. I don't know what this stuff is. I could tell there were words on discs one and two but couldn't make them out. On disc three, near the bottom of the purple area there I could make out under a lamp the words "Season One"

Above that however, there appeared to be two words, the first of which I could make out to very cleary say "Nerd".

The second word seemed to start with a B though it was very hard to make out. These things had to be put there intentionally right? Perhaps this is some sort of in-joke? Are you absolutely sure yours' say Antwone Fisher?

Dom_R

Grip
I swear I'm telling the truth. All three of my discs must have an Antwone Fisher label underneath the Futurama artwork.

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
This is pretty wierd. I don't know what this stuff is. I could tell there were words on discs one and two but couldn't make them out. On disc three, near the bottom of the purple area there I could make out under a lamp the words "Season One"
Mine also has the words "Season One", and right above that is the "FUTURAMA" logo. You have to look REALLY CAREFULLY to see it. If it wasn't for this thread, I never would have noticed it. The FUTURAMA logo is right under Matt Groening's signature on the third disc, and the words "Season One" are right below the logo. The M and A from the words FUTURAMA are on top of the little yellow moon in the lower right corner of the disc.

Aaron Cohen

Second Unit
I can't make out "Antwone Fisher" on my discs but there is clearly something. I can see "Season One" on disc 3 and what very clearly says "NERD" above it then some word that begins with a "B".

Has anything like this ever happened before on another release? These things are impossible to see if you just glance at the desk, you have to really be looking for them and have them under a light.... Do you guys think this stuff was supposed to be clearly visible but it printed wrong or what? Certainly Antwon Fisher had no business being written on the disc right? And "Nerd"?

I think I'll send an e-mail to Fox. Maybe somebody somewhere knows something.

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
My Futurama Box Set:

Disc 1: No visible hidden words. But there are several dark "spots" (most visible around the meteor which may or may not be part of a picture.

Disc 2: Can't see anything on this disk.

Disk 3: Although faint, you can read NYPD BLUE season 1. The NYPD may have been mis-read as "NERD" by others.

Aaron Cohen

Second Unit
A-ha! You're right! I've been trying to come up with what nerd and then a word starting with a b would be but now that I think NYPD Blue when looking at it, it just jumps out at me!

So we've got "Antwone Fisher" and "NYPD Blue Season One" hidden within the artwork of different Futurama discs.

Anyone else found anything different?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I wonder if some Futurama pressings were run through the wrong artwork stamper/painter/labeler, and then re-run through the correct ones to just "paint over the error".

Well, it's a theory... :shrug:

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
David, that's what I was figuring. Fox was printing Antwone Fisher at about he same time and I doubt they'd want to throw away a batch of discs just because they got mislabelled.

Dom_R

Grip
YES!!! I knew I wasn't going crazy :D . Yeah, I do examine my discs pretty carefully sometimes, :b .

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks