What's new

A Different World season 2 WHEN ??? (1 Viewer)

Shawn_C

Stunt Coordinator
Whatever happened to Different World season 2. It was released May of last year and then removed from Amazon, HMV, and Best buy sites. I don’t get it. When will the rest of series be released on DVD?

Roni F

Stunt Coordinator
A Different World is one of my all-time favorite shows. I'm also really hoping we see S2+ released soon. I had hoped that when First Look acquired the rights to ADW and The Cosby Show we'd see ADW sets relatively soon after, but for whatever reason they've only put out The Cosby Show so far.

I really love this show and hope we don't have to wait much longer for the other five seasons.

Shawn_Sm

Stunt Coordinator
It would seem now that if they are going to release it at all, it won't be until after Cosby is done.

Tony S

Stunt Coordinator
Speaking of First Look, I also hope that they release more Fat Albert. I bought the first 2 Volumes of the original series. Then the third and final volume came out and was also quickly removed before I had the chance to buy it.

netgear

Auditioning
Real Name
Thomas
Hi,

are there any news about Season 2, it's been a long time waitin' now.

Cheers
Netgear

Roni F

Stunt Coordinator
I haven't heard anything. I want the rest of the series on DVD so badly. This show is a classic and deserves unedited, high quality season sets.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
I don't think the first season set was properly promoted so I'm assuming sales were not great. Even though it was a hit when it originally aired on television, ADW never really got the acclaim that it deserved. It was usually overshadowed by it's parent, the wildly uneven Cosby Show. Another problem is that the first season of ADW was . . . umm . . . not great. So perhaps this kept a lot of people from picking up the first release which in turn kept the second season from coming out when it should have.

FYI: I recently saw ADW reunion special and it was mentioned that Lisa Bonet may not have been automatically written out upon the news of her pregnancy after the first season ended. Apparently, Bill Cosby wanted to keep Lisa on the show and have Denise be pregnant on-screen while going to college. I assume the network would not approve this and/or a feasible storyline could not be written.

Exit: Denise on ADW. Re-Enter: Denise on TCS.

Also, those of you who agree that the show improved vastly after it was revamped, you have Phylicia Rashad to thank for that. After guest starring on ADW during the first season, she returned to work on TCS and promptly told Mr. Cosby of the many problems on and off screen at ADW.

Enter: Debbie Allen

Shawn_C

Stunt Coordinator
O.k it has been over a year now and no news on the A Different World season 2 on DVD? What's going on?

At this point I think both Season 2 and Season 3 should be released at the same time.

Shawn_C

Stunt Coordinator
What happened???? I am still waiting for the release of A Different World season 2. Artwork is listed on Amazon.com but no release. Whats going on????

MattPeriolat

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matthew
At this point, I'd say sales and a decline in the TV on DVD market killed it. Maybe Shout! will pick it up at some point.

Shawn_C

Stunt Coordinator
I don't think sales was a problem. Season 2 was going to be released back in 2006 http://www.amazon.com/Different-World-Season-2/dp/B000LW7P8W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1278273643&sr=1-1

I read that Carsey-Werner productions brought back the rights from First Look (the same company who released the Cosby Show on dvd) and they were to release the rest of the series a few years back.

I've been waiting and no updates. What is Carsey-Werners contact info anyway??? It is not listed on their site.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks