What's new

A DeepDiscountDVD question (1 Viewer)

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Unlike some folks, I've had some pretty good service with DeepDiscountDVD. However, I have a few questions.
1. What's their shipping timetable on preorders?
- I ordered LOTR: The Gift Set from them sometime in October. It shipped on the 6th. I know that when you order something from them, it takes two business weeks to show up. I ordered Notorious: Criterion Collection and Rebecca: Criterion Collection from them, and it took two business weeks. I've heard that the MediaMail they use for them is the reason why it's so cheap.
2. How do they ship giftsets/boxsets?
- Do they use good packaging? Do they bring it to the front door?

JasenP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jasen
Dome,
1. I often receive pre-orders early even if I choose the free shipping option. Notable recent exception: SW:AOTC I am in Michigan and they are based out of Illinois so that might be a reason.
2. I received The Lord Of The Rings Collectors Set, E.T Collectors Set, and Spider-Man collectors set (all arrived separately) packed in a larger box wrapped in bubble wrap and stuffed with packing paper. They all arrived in excellent condition.
They ship via USPS mail so most of the time the packages are waiting for me in the office of my apartment complex. Recently the LOTR box was waiting for me on my front step :angry: , though this was the fault of the USPS. :thumbsdown:

JasenP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jasen
Dome,

If it will fit in your mailbox, they'll stuff it in there. Unless you have an oversized mailbox, none of the gift sets will fit. Otherwise I would suspect that they would leave it on your front door. You should be able to call your local post office to see if they'll leave it on your doorstep or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks