What's new

Mallrats (1 Viewer)

Justin Hargis

Stunt Coordinator
Is there a new version coming out?

I ask that question because neither DeepDiscountDVD nor Buy.com have it listed on their site. DVDEmpire has it listed as "on order" on their site.

I'm not sure whether to try to get it now, or wait if there's another version coming out.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Hmmm, I haven't tried online sources, but I can tell you that I've had a heck of a time getting this from my local B&M. I had him order it like 2 months ago, and he still hasn't gotten it in, I don't know what the deal is on that one.

Mark Hamilton

Stunt Coordinator
Universal recalled this one a few months ago along with Dazed and Confused and a few others. We were quite surprised as they always sold very well.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
I've seen this at Best Buy, with a lower price, with the moniker "High School Classic Collection", something like that, written across the case, so it may have been re-released under a new UPC.

Sven Lorenz

Supporting Actor
Any news on a re-release?

I've checked every online shop and they all say that it's unavailable.

EricSunde

Stunt Coordinator
You can still order it from Jay and Silent Bob's Secret Stash. It is $33.99 and autographed by Kevin Smith. I tried to link it, but I have not posted enough to put a link in my message.:frowning:

I guess it depends on how badly you want it...

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Yeah, ive been searching locally for Mallrats on DVD... nobody has it.. i have since given up, assuming it was OOP.

Jay Gunn

Stunt Coordinator
I'm betting that Universal waited until the current release was out of print, and now they're going to re-release it with new coverart (since they don't use the 'Collector's Edition' banner anymore). They've done the same with Animal House and now Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

Some of amazon.com's sellers have the original in stock. Also, here's the link for the autographed disc at Kevin Smith's site:
http://store.yahoo.com/jsbstash/malcoleddvd.html

Eric_R.

Stunt Coordinator
Yah I just went to Best Buy on Saturday and they had taken it off the shelves. Any hint to a new release?

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
What the hell could you possibly add to the Mallrats DVD? It's got an hour of deleted scenes, a documentary, a commentary (with video commentary), great Dolby Digital sound, nice picture. What else do we need to know about this film ;)

I'd only rebuy it if there were a new Roger Ebert commentary :D

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I still need this DVD, I didn't get in to Kevin Smith until just around the time it was pulled...so maybe I'll have to buy the autographed one.

Joel C

Screenwriter
Too bad if you don't have it, since I'm sure Universal won't tolerate the awesome Drew Struzan cover art.

Expect a big Affleck floating head, I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks