DeepDiscountDVD Question...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dan M~, Jun 23, 2002.

1. Dan M~

Dan M~ Second Unit

I have been using DDDVD for a couple of years without a complaint. They have been perfect in all regards... except for my last two orders. I do not wish to bash the company, I am just curious if anyone else has recently had an unusual number of problems? Maybe it's just the odds finally caching up with me, but I hesitate to place another order if the quality of service is becoming questionable. Opinions welcomed...

2. Dave H

Dave H Producer

I have had no problems with any order I have ever made other than their sending me out a DD version instead of a DTS version. Overall, their service has been fast and very good. I always order from them when it makes the most economic sense.

3. John Sullmeyer

John Sullmeyer Second Unit

The only problem I had with them is that on an order, I had something on backorder that wouln't ship for 3 weeks. I sent an email to them asking to cancel the backordered items and got no response. Finally 3 weeks later, I received the items. They have no way of manually cancelling your order or part of your order.

4. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

5. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

6. DaViD Boulet

DaViD Boulet Lead Actor

No complaints. I love not having to pay shipping on top of getting the almost virtually lowest price period.

You just have to be paitient in terms of shipping time. If you need discs to arrive on street date this is not the e-tailer for you.

-dave

7. Dan M~

Dan M~ Second Unit

8. Dave_M

Dave_M Agent

David Martin
    I also had my last 2 orders placed on backorder. First time this had happened with deepdiscount after many orders. I ended up calling 800 number and cancelling. It worked. The # is on their website.

Dave

9. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

10. Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR Producer

I've canceled orders with them in the past without problems. But I called them directly rather than use email. I've had only one problem of any sort with this company. I had an order that was to be shipped with their 3 day shipping. Nearly two weeks later it had not yet arrived. I called & was told that they would re-ship the order. Then a week later the original order arrived followed shortly by the re-shipped order in more than one package. My credit card ended up being charged for both the original & re-shipped orders. It took a few calls to straighten it out, but they worked with me nicely to sort things out.