What's new

7.1 newbie needs help with Axiom setup (1 Viewer)

Chad Sunderland

Stunt Coordinator
Hi, I just ordered a H/K 525 and I want to take advantage of it's 7.1 capability. Right now I am running an Axiom 5.1 setup consisting of a VP150 center, M22 fronts, and QS4 rears. I've never really experienced a 7.1 system, so I don't know the "proper" way it should be setup.

My options are:
1. Keep the QS4's in the back, and add another pair of QS4's to the sides

2. Keep the QS4's in the back, and add a pair of M2's to the sides

3. Move the QS4's to the sides and add a pair of M2's to the rear.

Suggetions? Also...I'm guessing M2s will match up the best with my M22s, anyone think going with M3's would be a better choice? Thanks for any suggestions you can give me!

Chad

Frank Mowry

Stunt Coordinator
You'd probably have more responses at axiomaudio.com in there message boards. I've got the same front setup as you and am ordering the Qs4s this week. I'd prbably go with your #3 setup. I also picked up the HK 525. Ours systems will be almost identical. You want the sides to disperse front and back and have the rears more direct IMHO.

Frank

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
Chad,

I recently moved into a house where I could install my 7.1 system. I used my QS8's for the sides and then put two M3's in the rear center. It sounds great!

Good luck,

Ron

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks