What's new

5 Years on HTF! (1 Viewer)

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
Mine says I registered in May 1999, but I seem to remember registering before then under another name and having to re-register for some reason. Can't remember exactly though. Old age is getting to me. :)

Mike Voigt

Supporting Actor
Travis, you're right... and guess what, the DVD player I bought back in 1997 still works flawlessly. 'Course it cost me about $1,200 at the time... almost as much as my 32" XBR that I still use... tempus fugit.

Hey, Jack! Long time no see! Sounds like that practice has died out. When I was an admin a few years' back, every now and then, we'd go through and delete the accounts not used in over a year or two. Maybe the software does it automatically; Parker's quite the whiz a that.

Mike

Kirk Gunn

Screenwriter
Coming up on 6 yrs, amazing how much money I've saved (and how much sweet audio I've listened too) thanks to HTF !!!!!

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Mike V was the guy who semi-talked me into my NHT interest, now I have a couple sets of them. I remember at a Houston meet he and someone else (was it Walter Kittle or Burke maybe) had some and we listened to a store setup. Think those were the 1.5s.

And Mike V, I thought you moved to FLA, although maybe I remember that you moved back somewhere in the recesses of my brain.

Its funny, I've been away from the hardware area for awhile since I got my systems set (no, really :) ). But now with projectors coming down and with a new round of SACD/DVD-As coming and one of mine on the fritz, I'm wandering back over there again. Like a former junkie going to Woodstock. :)

Drew Bethel

Screenwriter
I recall that Knapp was about to "leave" a few weeks or months after I joined. It was big news back then.

Rob Gillepsie(sp?) issued my user ID...those were the days.

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
I am right up there with the oldest! Some of you were Cub Scouts when I first found this site!;)

Wes

Adam Barratt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam

As Mike says, Parker does this every now and then, to prevent unused accounts from piling up. I remember attempts to do it manually back in the day, but it was too much of a PITA.

Drew, Rob Gillespie still makes an appearance around here every now and then!

Adam

Mike Voigt

Supporting Actor
The "Knapper" is definitely one of the old hands on here. That's where the quote came from.

Good to hear from you, Mike!

Same to you, Seth! Been a while! Yes, moved to FL and back... long story. We can talk about it next time you're down for a beer!

Mike

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Adam, thanks for elaborating on that. Interesting. Oh, as for me: My sixth anniversary at HTF is coming up on June 3. Six years, man.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks