What's new

Tony Bensley: Not A New Member, But I Lost The Password To My Old Hotmail Registered HTF Account! (1 Viewer)

T

Tony Ben

Hello Everyone!

This is Tony Bensley, and I'm actually a long time HTF member, here. Earlier this evening, after having to change the settings for my new Kuesney 480 GB SDD, I couldn't remember my password for my Firefox account with all of my passwords, including HTF! My email account that I registered here with was a Hotmail Account, and I believe Hotmail no longer even exists, so I couldn't do a password reset that way, and linking up via Facebook no longer works here, either! My longtime email where new passwords normally go is on the yahoo mail platform, but my other HTF account isn't registered through them. I am prepared to provide MODs my existing email address and whatever information necessary to get reconnected!

This post is more of a plea to the HTF mods than anything else. If you can get me reconnected with my old account, that would be fantastic!

CHEERS! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Tony Ben

Tony... remove your email addresses from your post... give them to a mod if asked but don't publicly post those, especially for password reset, even old-non working ones. You're opening yourself up for SPAM and possibly other nasties...

Good luck with getting your account back! I know you have *tons* of posts...
Thanks, Howie! Done. That I've been having a terrible time with my new PC setup is a gross understatement! Losing access to passwords is the worst, especially when the email linked to them is defunct! I hope everything is well with you.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Hello Everyone!

This is Tony Bensley, and I'm actually a long time HTF member, here. Earlier this evening, after having to change the settings for my new Kuesney 480 GB SDD, I couldn't remember my password for my Firefox account with all of my passwords, including HTF! My email account that I registered here with was a Hotmail Account, and I believe Hotmail no longer even exists, so I couldn't do a password reset that way, and linking up via Facebook no longer works here, either! My longtime email where new passwords normally go is on the yahoo mail platform, but my other HTF account isn't registered through them. I am prepared to provide MODs my existing email address and whatever information necessary to get reconnected!

This post is more of a plea to the HTF mods than anything else. If you can get me reconnected with my old account, that would be fantastic!

Yes, I remember you. Welcome back.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Sounds like the helpful moderators will get you back online with your old account, Tony. Something you may want to look into in the future is some sort of password manager app to keep track of all your accounts and passwords. I use Bitwarden, which is free and available for pretty much any computing platform. I have the app installed on all my devices - - Windows desktop, laptop, Android smartphone, and iPad.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
1709653502751.gif

😂😂😂

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Hello Everyone!

Tony, Hotmail still exists; they call it Outlook now. If you were to set up a new account, your email would be [email protected], but if you have a Hotmail account, your email will still read as [email protected].

I use a password program to keep track of passwords. It was impossible to keep up with them while making them safe. You still have to learn one difficult password to get into your vault. The passwords the programs generate are random and make no sense.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Tony, Hotmail still exists; they call it Outlook now. If you were to set up a new account, your email would be [email protected], but if you have a Hotmail account, your email will still read as [email protected].

I use a password program to keep track of passwords. It was impossible to keep up with them while making them safe. You still have to learn one difficult password to get into your vault. The passwords the programs generate are random and make no sense.
A friend told me tonight Hotmail was now Gmail. :unsure:

I was set up with password manager, but I ended up locking myself out of it when I couldn't remember my password to get into password manager after a recent OS installation, which otherwise erased my settings, so I've had to restart from scratch! Call it a sad, tragic comedy of errors! It happens.

Anyway, thanks to one of the mods on here, I'm now back and set up with an email I use every day. Thank you, Robert! :)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Looks like Crawdaddy is able to sort things for you. (I gave a look but I don’t know how to do it.)
A friend told me tonight Hotmail was now Gmail. :unsure:

I was set up with password manager, but I ended up locking myself out of it when I couldn't remember my password to get into password manager after a recent OS installation, which otherwise erased my settings, so I've had to restart from scratch! Call it a sad, tragic comedy of errors! It happens.

Anyway, thanks to one of the mods on here, I'm now back and set up with an email I use every day. Thank you, Robert! :)

For anyone who uses a password manager: keep a hard copy of your master password(s) in a safe, bank lock box, whatever for safekeeping and recovery in case of minor or major disaster. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks