What's new

3-strip Technicolor, year by year (1 Viewer)

SultanOfWhat

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt
This Wikipedia list contains 547 3-strip Technicolor films/shorts. I put the list into an Excel file to find the number.

Turns out that I own 19 such films on Blu-ray.

As I love the 3-strip Technicolor, over the past few month, I searched for each film on the Wikipedia list in the Filmstruck database, and found that there are 54 films from the list currently available for viewing. Not all are my cup of tea, but I plan to watch a few dozen.

Let me know if anyone would be interested in the list, including the Filmstruck expiration dates.

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
All these years later, what 3-strip Technicolor films from whatever studio would you still most like to see restored and on blu-ray? A few titles I'm interested in include....

National Velvet (1944)
The Harvey Girls (1946)
Unconquered (1947)
The Secret Life of Walter Mitty (1947)
etc.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
The German & French release of Unconquered (1947) look very nice (& I think the French release is multi-region). There's quite a few 3-strip Technicolor films I'd love to buy, but three swashbucklers top the list:

The Private Lives of Elizabeth and Essex (1939) - my favourite Korngold score.
Scaramouche (1952) - my #1 pick.
Ivanhoe (1952)

I suppose the top musical would be, Annie Get Your Gun (1950), I've never seen it, but a while back I bought a load of soundtrack CDs in a charity shop, I ended up only keeping one, Annie, every song is a classic. Westerns, 3 Godfathers (1948) & Bend Of The River (1953) & I'd really love Northwest Passage (1940), but from what I read there's not much chance of that.

...Oh, & The Greatest Show On Earth (1952), come on Paramount!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks