What's new

$2500 budget for new projection tv (1 Viewer)

brian__pratt

Agent
A friend has asked me to help him pick out a new projection tv. He is upgrading from a 47" GE 4:3 unit. He wants to stay at $2500 or under.

His viewing habits are 80% satellite/cable tv...20% dvd. He wants the largest screen available, and i would say is very flexible with quality vs. quantity (compared to all of us...haha). Basically, the largest for the $$$.

I would like it to be HD ready so I can have him use a progressive scan dvd player, but it's not the end of the world if it isn't.

Brands I have seen mentioned on here as generally safe:

Panasonic
Samsung
Pioneer (Elite)...out of the price range?

Please let me know your recommendations.

Thanks!

Brian,

Have your friend check out the Toshiba 57HDX82. You should be able to get that set at or below your friend's $2500 budget. Your friend shouldn't be too ready to sacrifice quality vs. quantity, since the larger the screen, the more easily he/she will see the imperfections.

Good luck with it and have fun!

mark alan

Supporting Actor
If he has the right room, he should think about front projection. then he can have a 12 foot wide picture if he wants, with pontentially better picture quality.

for the under $2,500 range, the four projectors to consider are

Panasonic AE300
Sanyo PLV-Z1
Sony HS-10
InFocus X1

They range in price from $1,500-$2,500.

brian__pratt

Agent
thank you for the suggestions!

i have tried to push a front projector on him...but he hasn't warmed up to that idea. the room is fairly large and would be great for it.

keep those suggestions coming! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks