What's new

24: Season Six thread (2 Viewers)

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I am also finding it difficult to sit through this season. I just caught up on all the episodes, and realize that some of them were sitting around for some time, and I didn't have that desire of watching them like I did in the past.

I would say season 2 and 4 are the best ones, followed by season 3 and 5. I have a hard time evaluating season 1, since it was the one that started all the excitement.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

Exactly. 24 is unbelievably awful this season.

I can't believe that this past week the writers resorted to
a desperate attempt to build phony suspense....

Ricky Schroeder is given evidence that would exonerate Nadia.

Schroeder supposedly keeps that evidence hidden.

Back at CTU, Milo is notified of the existing evidence.
When Milo confronts Schroeder in a heated showdown, Morris
comes out of nowhere saying that Schroeder turned that evidence
in moments earlier.

I dunno, for me, the whole thing seemed awfully forced and desperate.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

That whole scene was just kind of weird for me. Why did that guy who was friends with Doyle tell Milo about the evidence. I thought at first it was to set up Milo to make him look foolish. But then Doyle tells they guy that he crossed the wrong person, or something like that. Did I miss something in this whole scene?

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
A little off topic, but maybe useful. I was at Target today, & they had season 1 of 24 for $19.99 with no indication that it was a sale, just the regular price on the tag. The other seasons were in the $40-50 range. Too bad S1 is the one I already have; I'd buy all the rest at that price.

I thought maybe the suggested price had been slashed, but at Best Buy, S1 was only a few dollars cheaper than the others.

Mark Maltais

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark
Season one of anything is usually much cheaper...probably because they want you to get addicted to the show. That's how they got me to buy every season of "The Shield"...bastards!! :D

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> Season one of anything is usually much cheaper

Sometimes, but not usually. Like I said, at Best Buy S1 was a little cheaper, but at Target it was less than half the price of the others. At amazon it is 34.99, while other seasons range from 39.49-50.49, again not nearly as big a discount. At DDD S1 is actually higher than some of the other seasons. The lowest price Bargainflix lists for S1 is over $40. I rest my case.

Geez, if the same thing is 34.99 at amazon but 19.99 at Target, isn't that a clue Target has a great price? Oh well, maybe someone will appreciate the info, like I did when someone in another thread mentioned a sale on Prison Break S1.

Louis C

Supporting Actor
Here's a little scoring of my opinion on all of the seasons...on a scale of 1 to 5 stars, I rate them as follows...

Season 1 - *****
Season 2 - *****
Season 3 - ***
Season 4 - *****
Season 5 - ****

Season 6 (so far, but certainly subject to change...) - ***

As with 'The X-files', a 'bad' season of 24 is better a 'good' season of most other shows - they are ALL great, because it is a great series.

Having said this, I will say season 6 suffers a bit in credibility, what with Jack's family being connected to everything, getting 'Palmer lite' as Pres, and Logan being woven haphazardly into the plot. It's bad enough they killed off Michelle Dessler and Tony Almeda in Season 5, but now they go and kill off Curtis as almost an afterthought. He must have been asking for too big a raise...

Brent M

Senior HTF Member

I pretty much agree with you 100%(except that I'd give season 5 another star and take a star away from this season). :emoji_thumbsup:

Michael_K_Sr

Screenwriter
Real Name
MichaelK

Thanks for the heads up on this one. I headed over to Target to pick this up as soon as I saw the tip. I think this is indeed the new regular price as the tag just said "$19.99 was $45.99."

Joe_H

Screenwriter
Since we're rating them apparently, I'd go

1 *****+
2 *****
3 *****
4 *****++
5 *****+++
6 0 stars

:D

Mike OConnell

Second Unit
Real Name
Mike
I am not convinced that Nadia is not the the mole and that the other guy "found" the chip in the equipment to cover up Nadia and is also part of the "mole" team. Maybe a good way to get your mole back in place and to throw suspicion off of her.....

mylan

Screenwriter

That is a good theory, although I had thought it was Milo since he was letting Nadia access through his passwords.

I can agree that this season has not lived up to expectations. I think when it stopped being the "Jack Bauer power hour" and became a soap opera courtesy of all the various groups that were protesting torture scenes was the beginning of the decline.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
It's not any protesting group's fault. The writers have said that they feel that Jack has tortured people in every way possible and it was getting stale. I love a good Jack torture scene as much as anyone but I can see their point because torturing people all the time does take away from the really badass torture scenes.

And there is no way in the world that Nadia, the only good guy Muslim character on a show attacked by Muslim groups for its negative portrayl of Muslims, is a mole. :)

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> And there is no way in the world that Nadia, the only good guy Muslim character

She's not the only good one on the show. There was the Harry Lennox character who took a risk to try to get intel on the others being detained... then didn't they decide the other men being detained weren't involved with terrorism after all?

Plus the parents of Kal Penn's character didn't seem to be aware of his involvement.

Louis C

Supporting Actor
I am suspicious of Milo, and if I have to guess I'll say he is the mole. He goes away for the last 4? seasons, then comes back? Where was he all that time and what was he doing?

Joe_H

Screenwriter

If I remember right, he was a consultant or something like that and never actually worked for CTU. My fingers are crossed that there isn't a mole at all, that the explanation we were given is the full explanation, because seriously, how many times are they going to explain things away by a mole in CTU.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Is there still a question as to who is "the" mole? If torture has been overdone, then moles are a charred black cinder. The last infiltration, blamed on Nadia, was because she visited a web site that planted a virus, right? (So much for all the security from people having to manually open "ports" to "screens".)

Seems to me that since the writers make it up as they go, in the future they may find that they "need" yet another mole, and then they choose either the most or the least implausible person, depending on past actions and the current desired effect.

So yes, Milo could have been "at a terrorist training camp for the last four years before coming back to CTU Los Angeles". See, I just put that in quotes, so it must be so -- that was easy. That's how it gets to your TV; that's how it starts. If I was a writer on the show, you'd be seeing that in about six weeks. :)

PeterTHX

Senior HTF Member
I think we're all forgetting the real reason we don't want Nadia to be a mole:

Marisol Nichols is a babe and a half and we want her to return next season! ;) :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks