What's new

24: Season Six thread (1 Viewer)

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter

Sarah Gavin was one of the most useless characters ever on the show. She did nothing her season (wasn't important to any storyline) and was just fired. It was silly really for someone who got so much airtime.

I'd bet my life that Audrey isn't dead. Maybe Palmer traded her for Jack and the Chinese agreed knowing Jack would come looking for her. Remember the first episode mentioning how a big price was paid for Jack's release, yet we don't know what the price is yet.

Wayne would never do that. He went as far to bring Jack back just to hand over to a terrorist you obviously couldn't trust, so I put nothing past him or the writers.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Please Please PLEASE don't bring back Kate Warner. She is the sole reason why I hate season 2. I would take a 12 part storyline on the cougar over seeing her on 24 ever again.

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
Was Kate Warner a hated character during her season? Is this why they sort of just dumped her with that 10 second phone call?

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I'm pretty surprised at the lack of comments about the last episode. Most of it's been focused on Audrey.

The Vice Prez sure has got a pair. :D

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor
If it does work out to be true, what reason would the Chinese have for wanting Audrey over Jack? I couldn't see them making a trade for someone who violated their soil, killed a diplomat, then faked his death for someone who, as far as we know, didn't do anything to the Chinese.

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
As far as we know, Dave.

[ShatnerVoice] As.. far... as... we know. [/ShatnerVoice]

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Regarding Audrey:
Kim Raver has been booked to be a guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live on April 16 (a Monday). She does not have a movie coming out soon and ABC has not announced a return of her show, The Nine. And consider that Rick(y) Schroder was a guest on JKL the week his character debuted.

Take of that what you will.

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter

With the corny way this show has been going, I wouldn't be surprised if it's reveiled that Audrey is an embezzler of the coveted "Golden Wanton" award and a traitor to the Mexican soccer team the terrorists in Season 3 followed, setting up Seasons 7 and 8 respectively.

Is Sutherland leaving the show or being relegated to "special guest star" status after his contract's up? Really seems like their pumping us with all the new, boring characters. Fortunately, they dumped Sandra for the most part.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
I certainly feel that Jack has been less prominent this year than in any other previous season of 24 and that is definitely NOT a good thing. Hell, the last two episodes he's barely had any screen time. I still love the show, but I don't want to see it become the "Mike Doyle Power Hour"........that just won't work. BRING BACK ASS KICKIN' JACK!!!!

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Episode 15
82. Viktor/Jack
83. Terrorist/CTU Strike Team Member
84. Terrorist/CTU Strike Team Member
85. Terrorist/Jack

It was just another OK episode. Although I thought it was interesting to see Jack in a situation where he had to work with a guy with a mental handicap. I figured Brady was done for since it would be shocking to kill him. Although that would be pretty grim... even for a show where they detonated a nuclear bomb in a small city.

That 25th Ammendment has been nothing but a pain in the ass of the Palmer brothers. :)

And most importantly, how about an update on Logan?

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Wow, the lack of posts after this episode definitely signals to me that people aren't really into this season at all. To be perfectly honest, I understand as this is the first time in six seasons of 24 that I'm not really "pumped" about the show like I've been in the past. While I still enjoy it more than most of the stuff on TV I do feel this is the least entertaining season by far and I think a lot of it can be attributed to the fact that Jack really hasn't been "Jack" this season. Something just feels off about the show this year and while I certainly don't want to see the show come to an end I have a feeling that the glory days of 24 may be gone. I hope I'm wrong and that they'll come back stronger than ever next year, but every show inevitably starts to go downhill before their run comes to an end. It's happened with two of my all-time favorite shows(The Sopranos and Seinfeld) and I guess it shouldn't come as a shock if it happens to 24. :frowning:

Joe_H

Screenwriter
I've been a big fan of the show, and while until this year, I thought that every season got better, this one is completely horrible in my opinion. I only keep watching out of habit, and when Heroes comes back I'll be watching that live instead of this.

I don't think it has anything to do with Jack not being 'Jack' at all. For one, he's too superhuman now, and so that removes a lot of the suspense. Two, there's nobody he cares about more that needs to be looked after. That added a great deal of suspense because while you knew he'd live, you'd never know who else could die. Three, the format they got stuck in of going bigger and bigger every year made things a little difficult, there's only so much more you can do after nuclear bombs and power plants being attacked. Finally, no matter what they do, its something we've all seen before many times on the show.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Personally, I think 24 has raised the bar too high for itself. If you look at Prison Break (as an example), if they pulled off something half as good as this season of 24, I'd consider that a helluva run for that show. However, I 'expect' more from 24 since they've done such awesome work in the work past.

That being said, I don't sit there every week thinking "This sucks" or "Keifer Sutherland raped my childhood" and I still love the show but this is definitely not their best year.

Colin Davidson

Second Unit
Possible continuty error?

Unfortunately I cannot confirm this since I am in San Antonio for training but it seemed that:

At about the 28 minute mark - the "Denver agent" tells Milo that Doyle has proof that Nadia is innocent. At this point Milo still has his arm in the sling and wrapped up. He walks over to confront Doyle, sling still on. Next time we see Milo when he is apologizing to Nadia, Milo has NO sling and his arm is unwrapped and looks perfectly healed.

Again I can't confirm this as I am away from home and my DVR and was hoping someone else can confirm.

(Edited to correct spelling)

chuck_b

Supporting Actor

Actually, his arm was okay, but the sling was fake so he had a free, unseen hand when he had Nadia pinned to the wall "apologizing" ;-)

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor
If I remember correctly, once Denver guy told Milo about the proof, he was quickly shown taking his arm outta the sling before going over to get his butt kicked. Man, the guy gets shot once in the field and thinks he is super-agent now.

And what is with all the in-show references back to Denver? Are they ever gonna mention what it was that has everyone all up in arms? If CTU Los Angeles is the victim to all these terrorists attacks, I can't imagine what went on in Denver that they won't even talk about!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks