What's new

24: Season 2 - Hour 12 - 2/11/03 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
7 p.m. to 8 p.m.

Okay, let's hope 24 gets back on track from a breather episode to live up to its self-imposed moniker: The most compelling hour of TV!

It's Tuesday, Kim must be lion around or running for her life.

Jack is back on the hunt for Ali with Kate's help after watching a true believer burn himself to death.

Palmer's pain palace is going balls to the walls for Stanton.

Marie is displaying some very desirable skills for a terrorist.

Bob hasn't given us much to work with in regards to his being involved or not with the nuke.

Tony might be getting set up by Michelle, who really knows.

Nina is sitting in a cell somewhere, we hope.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I'm cheering for the lion

I wouldn't care if the whole hour is her running scared with the last 15 minutes being suppertime ;)

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
The only way to save herself is to get rid of the scent. The best way to do that is to jump in a lake with her clothes on, then come out of the lake and take off her clothes.

/Mike

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
The thing that ticks me off is that the producers don't seem to be getting a clue about how much everyone in existance hates Kim but them. When Joss found out how much everyone hated Riley on Buffy, he got rid of him lickety-split.

It's so easy to get rid of Kim, just don't involve her next year

Christopher Bosley

Stunt Coordinator
If it's anything like Joe Millionaire this week, it will probably just be Jack yakking on his cell phone to somebody about all the crazy things that have happened to him so far "today" and showing flashback clips.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
From the spoilers I've caught, this will be far from a "Joe Millionaire" episode! Will not ruin anything for anyone, but except for Kim's section, things should be quite tense!:emoji_thumbsup:

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
Possible spoiler re: Kim plot.

Interestingly enough, my wife was watching one of the local morning shows and it had Kiefer on. The interviewer is a huge fan of the show and the interviewer had the balls to tell him that the Kim plot line was getting a bit ridiculous and apparently going nowhere.

Kiefer said that the Kim plot was just there because Elisha was a fan favorite (well, duh!). The implication was that she didn't have a bigger role in the overall plot line like we had hoped. So her plot line IS going nowhere.

On the bright side, Kiefer (as a producer) said that they are aware of the negative feedback and since the rest of the season has not been written, they can make changes along the way. However, the way my wife described it, changes may or may not happen. It might just be better to get her out of LA to her aunt's in San Francisco(?) or somehow get back to the abusive dad/daughter plot from earlier in the season.

However it goes, I'm just blocking Kim out until she jumps into the lake...........and out.:D

Bob

MarcVH

Second Unit

Other than the opening "previously on 24" bit, there are no flashback clips. That's part of the whole "events occur in real time" premise of the show.

If the Kim subplot is just empty eye candy, they could have brought in writers from Baywatch to at least do it right. I mean, what if Kim had to rescue Megan by running along a beach in a thong bikini, or taking the place of someone delivering a strip-o-gram to her hospital room? It wouldn't be any more senseless...

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Kiefer said that the Kim plot was just there because Elisha was a fan favorite (well, duh!). The implication was that she didn't have a bigger role in the overall plot line like we had hoped. So her plot line IS going nowhere.
I didn't figure this part was a spoiler. Funny, I have yet to meet a fan that DID like Kim. And it seems by the responses that no one else here likes Kim either, nor on the 24 message boards on Fox, nor elsewhere

So I'm wondering, who are these fans that like Kim?

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I like Kim most of the time, although I'm frustrated by how the writers don't seem to have any idea what to do with her. She had plenty of potential when the season started, both with how borderline-unstable/ready to drop the whole thing Jack was and the possibility of her and the other civilians inciting a panic, but now, apparently both of those possibilities have been dropped and the writers are at loose ends.

Mark Kalzer

Second Unit
I liked Kim in season one. She really seemed like a bright teenage girl, caught in the wrong crowd and a conflicted family situation. Her only real weak move in the early part of Season one was calling her mother on the cell phone rather than 911. But that was it.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
The only problem I see with Kim is that she takes time away from the otherwise great storyline. I have nothing wrong with her running at the screen wearing tattered clothing, but it does get a bit ridiculous.

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
It might just be better to get her out of LA to her aunt's in San Francisco(?) or somehow get back to the abusive dad/daughter plot from earlier in the season.
I kinda wish they would of stuck to that. That at least was sorta interesting. Bring in the father or something. Maybe have him involved somehow. Or at least let Kim incite a public panic. At the least, make her go to the beach in a bikini or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks