What's new

24: Season 2 - Hour 12 - 2/11/03 (1 Viewer)

James T

Screenwriter
Elisha I don't mind. I just don't like the kim character/storyline.

Regarding tonight's episode, the television station that shows 24 here in Canada, CH11 spoiled the show for me. After all this time of laughing at you Americans for accidently watching Fox's preview or blaming Fox for revealing too much, I now know how you feel

Joel C

Screenwriter
Oh man. That was rough to take. Little kids as bargaining chips? Yeow. I'm hoping it is revealed that, since the kid was pushed to the floor, he isn't really dead.

James T

Screenwriter
This season just keeps gettting better and better. I never believed that Jack would order a kill on a child. Not only did I not think Jack would do it, but Fox doesn't have the balls to pull something like that.

I almost forgot about Kim until they should her at the end of the episode.

I guess whoever said there was no bomb is officially wrong now.

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
Excellent episode this week. Interesting previews for next week (don't worry I'm not gonna talk about them).

Having the kids as bargaining chips was pretty wild but you gotta do what you gotta do. So where IS the Kim plot going? I have a guess based on previews, but I just don't know.

Did Jack rip the tooth out of the guys mouth???

Joel C

Screenwriter
I wonder why Jack didn't let Ali know his son was still alive. Seeing him dead has only angered him, so if he escapes, Jack will be a target. Seeing that he was still alive would have been demoralizing--he broke for no reason. I think Jack messed up there.

Eujin

Supporting Actor
Great episode! Despite evidence to the contrary, I'm gonna continue my stay out on this limb and say:

The BOMB is not LIVE and the conspirators are using it as a pretext for overthrowing the presidency. Yes, it is a coup detat. Even with the preview that was shown, I can't imagine that we'll spend the rest of the season in a cat and mouse game with Jack chasing the bomb and the conspirators defending it and moving it about. My guess is, the bomb will be resolved by the end of Feb. Sweeps and the real hunt for the conspirators will begin.

Also, what about Bob? Warner, I mean. Except for that one scene, he was absent from the rest of the episode. I still think that it's too much of a coincidence that he just happens to be a CIA freelancer. I think we'll get more of him in the coming weeks.

Damn, I love this show.

R

RossTerry

it was crazy to see jack crack Ali in the mouth several times to get the cyanide out of his mouth

Christopher Bosley

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, Jack Bauer is definitely hardcore! It would have been more interesting, IMHO, if he actually had been willing to go against the President and really do the deed. Tragic antihero and all that.

Without spoiling it, however, are we really sure that where Ali told him to go is where Marie etc. really are (remember the classic "Silence of the Lambs" ol' switcheroo)? I would have kept status quo with Ali's family until I knew for sure that he wasn't lying. As for Ali's vengance, I don't think he will be getting out of wherever it is that he's going for a very long time, like say the rest of his life, so don't think JB has to watch his back on that front.

And what happened to the 10 block roadblock they were supposed to lay down for Marie? Great job by Kate in not freaking out as per Jack's instructions. :rolleyes:

I thought for sure Ensign Ro was a goner when she went to the meeting. Question is was Sherry listening (shaky camera view at the compound says yes) or is Mike really the plant and working with Sherry (got that vibe when he didn't want to tell the President her info).

Chucky P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Charles Paulsen
I wonder why Jack didn't let Ali know his son was still alive. Seeing him dead has only angered him, so if he escapes, Jack will be a target. Seeing that he was still alive would have been demoralizing--he broke for no reason. I think Jack messed up there.
I don't think he messed up because if he told Ali right there his son was alive he might say something like "What I told you before about the bomb is false!" and then maybe he will give them some false information. Jack will probaly tell him later after the bomb is found that is his son is alive (if everything goes right which will not).

For a second I thought Jack actually ordered the death of Ali's son since and his other son was crying (and that's some good acting coming from that kid) then thought about if he was going to do it, he would have aborted it when Palmer called him to call it off (but then Palmer is no better with Statton).

Eujin

Supporting Actor
is Mike really the plant and working with Sherry (got that vibe when he didn't want to tell the President her info).
Ooohhhh...I like that one. Especially since Lynn had made the comment about Mike's long history with the Palmers. Mike as this season's Nina! We likes it muchly.

James T

Screenwriter
I don't like the Mike traitor thing. Even in Shakespeare's plays, there was always someone that the main character could trust.

How about the N34 thing? Most likely coordinates on a map, but anyone notice the letter-number code written on the walls where the president is stationed? It could be a room number?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Good grief! This was vintage 24. At some points, you're grateful for your autonomic nervous system because you forget to breathe due to what you're seeing on the TV screen.

I knew Jack was forced into setting up a fake death (I was thinking he got the special ops forces to outfit the family members with squids underneath their cloth and then started shooting blanks into their midsections and really giving Ali a show) after Palmer told him to stand down.

If I were Kate, I'd be having a total breakdown about now.

If I were Bob, I'd be having a total breakdown about now.

If I were Marie, I'd stay home and ... oops, but I digress...

I thought Sherry was going to off Lynn. That whole bit was clumsily written. Who's the snitch? Hmm...

The whole "Mike as traitor" would be unfortunate, but you never know in this show.

Only 5 minutes of Kim.

Speculation: We've got 12 hours left, and the bomb has to be a diversion for this presidential coup, which might be staged by the vice president (whom we've never seen yet), and the money behind the campaigns.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
What an episode! Although the whole Sherry/Lynn scene had a 'what was that all about?' vibe to it. Do you think the unseen VP will be a Name? Who would you pick to play the VP? In my perfect 24 Dream World, it would be Christopher Walken.:D

Mike-M

Stunt Coordinator
In my opinion, Jack made a mistake not telling Ali his kid's alive. I think that will come back to bite him around 7:30 am-ish. It seems like we got some foreshadowing with Ali saying "I'll kill you" to Bauer. Don't know how, but Ali may find a way to get free and attempt to kill Bauer making the finale extra dramatic and a way where Sutherland doesn't have to return for season 3.

Jay W

Supporting Actor
Definately a return to form tonight!

All the elements of what made 24 great in the past, and boy Jack certainly takes it to the next level with that interrogation. Like what others mentioned, I find it hard to believe this bomb plot will continue for the remaining 12 hours so hopefully there's something deeper at work here and I am interested to see how/if Nina will be involved.

Agreed with Mike about Ali, that's going to be nasty in the end.

All in all, good stuff!

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
My ultimate prediction is that Mason will somehow sacrifice himself to save the day per se. Either taking a bullet for jack, or somehow killing himself, seeing as how he is going to die anyway. He/the CTU team could use this as a ace up the sleeve, seeing as how no "bad guys" no about his imminent demise :) Just a thought!

cheers!

Josh

LennyP

Supporting Actor
Awesome episode.
I was hoping that Jack would kill Ali's family for real but when Palmer said no and the guy on the monitor knocked the chair over it was obvious that the kid wasn't shot cause it was out of sight. If I was in Ali's place I'd have kept my mouth shut, especially that I didn't see the kid die for real.

I was expecting to see Sherry, like many did, on that informant meeting, but we/many thought she was conspiring with Lynne and the writers played us so for a second.

Anyway, right after 24 there was a new episode of The Shield and I'm more shocked and pissed off and sad that my favorite character got shot. :angry: :frowning:

I sure hope the nuke goes off. What I didn't like is after arming it, that terrorist guy, the one everyone was asking about, that drove the truck after those 2 shot each other earlier, said "now let's pray", screw that! Go nuke downtown already before you're busted! Typical dumb self-assured terrorists.

In my opinion, Jack made a mistake not telling Ali his kid's alive.
No it wasn't a mistake and the reason is he wants Ali to think he's capable of anything and has his family in case Ali lied or he needs more information out of him later, in an hour or two.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks