What's new

"24" renewed for third season... (1 Viewer)

Brian_FSullivan

Stunt Coordinator
I just got off FOX's February sweeps wrap-up conference call and FOX president Gail Berman made the very huge and very cool news that they have renewed "24" for a third season. Berman said the producers have come up with an idea for a third season and it appears Kiefer will be back. (One of the reporters joked that "can Kim go away to boarding school next season?") You'll see the wires (Variety, Hollywood Reporter and so forth) confirm all this tomorrow.

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
Well see, now there's a bit of a spoiler there with Keifer will be back

Great news none-the-less.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Brian, so was there a resounding "yes" to the removal of Kim from the show?

I will accept bloody painful death in lieu of boarding school

How about "When are you #$#@$#@ showing the rest of Firefly?" :D

Mike-M

Stunt Coordinator
This is on Zap2it.com as well.

But, are you sure that Sutherland will definitely return, or is this just a hopeful rumor type thing.

Now we can get a sort of Bauer/24 trilogy.

Mike-M

Stunt Coordinator
I honestly cannot imagine that the show would bring back Kim and expect viewers to take the show seriously for a third consecutive year. I could forgive her last season because she just happened to get caught up in a kidnapping/assination plot, but this year is too much. Next season may make me blow chunks if she's back in a major role again.

What will be interesting is if Palmer returns?

I hope Bauer has more of a take charge role in season 3 reminiscent of season 1 rather than a authoritative, "I need this, go do this, make this happen, tell me that" role currently is season 2.

Kong Chang

Screenwriter
I'm gonna miss Xander Berkeley from season 3 though. He did a great George Mason in Season 1 & 2.

*sniff*

Chuck Schick

Stunt Coordinator
Good news.

I wonder how you go upwards in plot after stopping a nuclear bomb from going off in the country... Perhaps there's a Godzilla problem next season that Bauer must deal with.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> I wonder how you go upwards in plot after stopping a nuclear bomb from going off in the country

Next year will be Jack's day off- hanging around the house, reading the paper, having a beer, watching Sports Center... :D

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
It'll be interesting to see what Real Time has come up with. I originally wasn't sure I wanted a second season, since the show is, to a certain extent, a gimmick show. I'm not sure how much raising the stakes is even possible any more.

BrianV

Stunt Coordinator
I commented on this last night in the other 24 thread. I really wonder where they can go after the nuclear bomb/us coup d'etat plot of this year. I'd been guessing they'd spin the show off in to a more standard format "CTU" show. guess not. It's really going to be itneresting to see if they can do another 24 horus without going completely off the deep end of plausibility.

Mike-M

Stunt Coordinator
Most people probably wouldn't want to see this, including me, but maybe the bomb doesn't go off and the storyline continues into season 3 and season 3 would be the second consecutive "day" with the bomb expected to go off during that "day." Highly unlikely, I know. I'm just trying to understand what kind of terrorist threat is bigger or has a larger impact than a nuclear bomb.

Anyone know, as I'm curious. I mean, maybe some kind of biological attack that could infect many many people?
But still...

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
They could do something like season 2 where there is a terrorist threat that is covering up another threat.

Perhaps the bad guys could actually take over CTU while trying to make some big attack?

LennyP

Supporting Actor
YES! Great news!
Another reason to live. :D

What's bigger than 1 nuke?
A war. A war with a few middle eastern countried with 100s of nukes, that's being hinted on right now already in season 2 could spill over into season 3 because it's a major thing that doesn't build up and resolve within hours.
It could be a big budget all out nuclear war in third season :emoji_thumbsup:

Benjamin_L

Stunt Coordinator
I'm thinking Jack Bauer: UN Weapons Inspector!
I'm thinking Jack Bauer, International Man of Mystery :D

The way I see it, the announcement is a little worrying and heartening at the same time. Keep your fingers crossed, gentlemen, so this show doesn't go out with a whimper like so many (once) great tv shows.

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
I still say Bauer vs. Palmer & CTU is the way to go. Make Jack be the terrorist (maybe he starts by breaking Kim out of girls prison where she is serving time for her impending accidental shooting of 5 people - Kim has a gun. Isn't it inevitable?). The first few episodes have everyone giving Jack lots of opportunities to surrender peacefully, which he exploits to generate even more trouble. By about hour ten, it's full on fugitive mode. Around February sweeps week, Jack is in custody and is being interrogated by some super amazing guest stars (I would choose Andre Braugher and Kyle Secor, but that's just me.). When he threatens that everything he knows will be released to the press if he is detained or harmed, Palmer orders that he be released - fearing that some thing Jack did on behalf of Palmer will be made public and bring down his presidency. The closing act is Bauer getting Nina and executing her (or will he?).

Or they could just do the foreign terrorists / political conspiracy thing again.

Brad

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks