What's new

24: Day 3 - 3/30/04 - Hour 16 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Gotta give Fox a BOOO!!! for the spoiler-laden previews of upcoming episodes for the rest of the season being shown at the beginning of this episode.

Pluses:

Michelle capping the guy ridden with the flight impulse.

Michelle talking the hotel guy from breaking out.

Very little Chloe or Chase's baby.

Very little of Kim's bad 'doo.

Amador going out with a bang.

Negatives:

Palmer rolling over for Sherry. Palmer's such a putz this day/season.

Michael Hughes

Second Unit
Great Ep, best of Season by far. :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

The whole season has been a setup for this hotel incident. And now it will play out like a Min-Series.

IMHO the show has dragged all season because of this setup, but now it appears it may have been worth it as they will maintain some high suspense and some key characters are now in peril for the remainder of this season.

Tony has made remarkable recovery for being on an operating table fighting for his life just about 8 hours ago :)

I am glad they moved on from the Miliken incident, its time to engage Palmer in this virus plot and make it a real triangle.:

Game on!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Having the hotel angle fully in tow, it felt a little like "Die Hard", with Michelle being the one to root for.

Nick T Robot

Supporting Actor

I think he was planning to tell him the truth, in which case he didn't want it to be on the phone, and didn't want to wait until morning.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member

No, but every terror attack in and around LA might. This show only deals with CTU LA, not the whole country. The show is based on the premise that people are attacking the US all the time and we're following some of Jack Bauer's adventures.

Palmer has now, in my book, officially crossed the line from troubled, conflicted leader into corrupt and unworthy of being president. I'm now rooting against him unless he rectifies the situation soon.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone

Definitely. I never thought I'd be rooting for Michelle to shoot a civilian :)

As for plot-holes, etc...I guess I'm just able to suspend disbelief when I'm watching 24. I'm usually a stickler for accuracy, but I've never really been bothered while watching this show. That being said, people who have problems with the holes and inaccuracy are certainly justified.

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member

That pissed me off. But did it show anything that wasn't in this episode? I tried to ignore it and all that I saw was in the episode.

Overall I liked this episode. Michelle and Sherry each have one good kill, how many does Jack actually have now? I think the president did what he had to under the circumstances. And although I'm sure the police chief suspects something, I doubt there'll be much followup on it for a while. Of course this is 24, they only got a few more episodes to go, so I'm sure it'll become the most urgent matter just to complicate things with the terrorist threat.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I don't think anyone - law enforcement, military, what have you - is trained to shoot the leg, or the head, for that matter. They're taught to put multiple rounds in the body; trying to hit the legs of a running man, or getting clever and trying to wing someone in the shoulder, arm, or kneecap - is an invitation to miss, hit bystanders, and make a bad situation worse.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Exactly, think back to the Amadou Diallo incident. Whatever your opinion of that may be, it was made pretty clear during that time that it is shoot to kill if a suspect presents a danger.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Here's an article I came across. According to this, things look promising for the remainder of the season

WARNING: Contains some minor spoilers

NEWSDAY RAVES ABOUT THE FINAL EPISODES OF THE SEASON!

3/30/04
by Diane Werts

“Fans can relax now - which means get more tensed up - knowing that "24" has gone into the last third of the season overdrive. No more time fillers like the first two-thirds, no more presidential mistress and who's-the-baby's-daddy. Daughter Kim (Elisha Cuthbert) is not (repeat: NOT) in distress. Next week's stunningly revelatory episode ties the current threat back into Jack's first-season nemesis, involves a foreign government, hints about a high- priced call girl ring and presents Jack with a truly unspeakable choice. No, really unspeakable. Really, really.

They jack up the stakes higher and higher, until by 7 a.m., things are truly nasty (truly, truly), and there's no end in sight. Guns blaze. Bombs explode. Bodies drop. Jack's jaw is more firmly set than ever. And Michelle's (Reiko Aylesworth) little curled hair strands still frame her face perfectly. Never mind that she's been up for 24 hours, she's running an ugly field operation, she's seen her husband shot and colleagues croak, and she's staring down death herself. For that matter, how's Jack holding up considering his own lack of sleep and, oh yeah, his smack addiction, remember that? When he countermands a superior "under the authority given me by the president of the United States," once again on that handy-dandy cell phone, how do his underlings even know Jack has that authority? And what about . . .

Never mind. There's a mass suicide in the offing. A president ordering evil to be done. And a crucial computer download. Hey, don't these guys' amazingly informative forensic computers ever hit the fritz like miiiine dosss xxzghgcb?#!!

24. Fox's nail-biting thriller returns for its final nine episodes of the season in killer form.”

(Admin note - added spoiler text)

WayneG

Stunt Coordinator
Don't you think the police chief would ask other officials if Sherry was there? Wayne, for instance, or the doorman or secret service agents?

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
That would require another person, who could also lead back to him. So not only did it show how ruthless he is, it cleaned up all the loose ends. And of course, it looks good on TV.

I've always liked Michelle, and now I like her even more....

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Normally yes, but as I said, I think the Police Chief was pretty much looking the other way. He can honestly say he interviewed the Pres. But he is not trying to dig up anything.

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member

Would you hunt for evidence to contradict the president in this situation? Would anybody on his staff give it? Also just because someone didn't see her there doesn't mean anything. Someone would have to confirm that she left and returned wihin the timespan necessary and be able to say that there was no way she came and went without that person knowing. If there was a log kept of who came and went from the offices, which I think there would be for security reasons, that would be useful. But she may have been able to bypass that.

The police will want outside evidence fo presidential involvement before poking around his staff. Then all hell could break loose.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Also, Michelle probably did that guy a favor by putting him out of his misery...

In "Ender's Game" this is touched upon in how to handle a mob that has you out-numbered: you take out the leader and not only do you incapacitate them, but you really do a number on the leader to snuff out the will of the followers/mob so you don't get anymore lip out of them.

John Watson

Screenwriter
Someone should throttle Sherry, she's a soap-opera scale twisted sistah, even Wayne should have been able to see that's what he had to do to save the Pres :)

Why are all the villain's minions in such thrall-fear? the guy chained in the basement won't tell anything to Michelle, even tho he's gonna die?

The guy who delivers the get-away-package to Imador gets blown away in the exploding car too?

Nothing is worth working for a boss like that!

What does the BigBad want, now that he has Palmer by the balls. Just money, or this this a James Bond scale villain?

BTW, everyone in the hotel should be sweating and choking by now with no AC in a sealed bulding, and when that containment team finally gets assembled outside, they better have duct tape to fix the broken window. :D

Tune in next week, for answers and/or further plot holes.

Jeremy_Watson

Stunt Coordinator

Along the lines of what Ken mentioned, you can set off an explosion with a remote detonator, but it is very difficult to shoot someone from across town. This was, he didn't have to worry about giving away his position or having someone in the area who could be caught.

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter

I love how many of you apply logic to a show which has admittedly given up on it. Believe me the snipers in season 1 were good enough, they should be just as good now. Secondly, that explosion only drew attention to itself - not a very quite way to execute someone.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone

I'm assuming you meant to say quiet...but what leads you to believe they wanted to be quiet about anything. It's possible that they wanted a scene.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks