What's new

24: Day 3 - 3/30/04 - Hour 16 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I have barely any idea what happened in hour 15 except that Gael got the viral whammy (I think), and the heat for Alan's death is getting directed back towards Sherry as it appears that his wife rolled on her (or the detective sussed it out and is playing 2 sides towards the middle).

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Jack found Amador and they are trying to find out who he is working for. Whoever it is, Amador seems to be frightened by him and that person also seems to have some connection with Jack. I believe when we last left CTU, the were checking their databases trying to establish a connection. That was the other piece of that episode.

WayneG

Stunt Coordinator
Really good episode. Now we're getting to the heart of it. And Palmer is finally involved.

Forget the Jack Bauer body count. It's now the Michelle Dessler body count. When did they decide to turn her into Mrs. Rambo. I like it anyway.

The best part about this episode was very little CTU (and hardly any Kim or Chloe). It's good to see other characters getting involved. I wonder what this guy wants the Pres to do?

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
This episode was 100% stupid.

Firstly, Palmer has become the new Kim.

Secondly, why would ANYONE blow up a car for an execution. There are so many of way of taking out a witness and leaving little to no evidence. Like a sniper for instance, did they really need to blow up a CAR!!!

Thirdly, was it so hard for Michelle to shoot that one guy in the legs. Did she have to kill him?! I mean I know he's technically dead - but what if a cure came along.

There is more, but I don't want to get into it right now. Ugh, I can't stand what's happened to this show.

Travis_S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis
I loved this episode. My main complaint about it is it didn't have enough Jack but Michelle more than made up for it. I can't wait to find out what the main villan's connection to Jack is.

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
And that's another thing, but every terrorist attack on the States have something to do with Jack Bauer's past.

I missed that and I stand corrected.

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
The West Wing makes the presidency and for that matter everything else on this show look like a cocktail party joke. That's pretty much all I can say about it. Everything on the show is executed lifelessly with no style, unless you want to call the real time and split screen gimmicks style. And don't get me started on that brilliant writing. The president calls the chief of police down at 4:30 AM for one question?! The teleplays sound like they were written by a middle school cafeteria full of 8th graders.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Why not? In a case like this, time would probably be of the esscense. The longer Palmer waits to talk to the police, the more suspicious it could seem.

Elliott Willschick

Second Unit
Will, I was thinking it's one of the guys who was on Jack's team when he went to take Drazen out. He said they were all dead but maybe Saunders survived and he's holding a bit of a grudge

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Perhaps. It has to be related to S1 somehow, or what's the point of building a connection with Jack.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I thought it was great too. As for blowing up the car...of course they didn't have to blow up a car, but I'm also sure they weren't worried about leaving evidence. It's a TV show where no one eats or goes to the bathroom for 24 hours...cut it a little slack.

Blake G

Agent
My problem with this episdode is how long can it take for a full scale emergency response team to be assembled? It is 4am and there is NOTHING more important than keeping that hotel under lock and key, yet it was what, 45 minutes and nothing? And now that the window is broken, the virus is out anyway. I can usually suspend disbelief during a show, but this was pushing even my limits.

I do like how they are giving more people more things to do, though. And again, the hotel security head acts more like ex-special forces than I would imagine one would in real life.

Blake

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter

How much more slack can we give it? After so many plot holes, pointless characters, tired cliches and weird babies coming out of know where how can any take anything seriously.

Now I LOVED the first season. I've watched it about three times over. But this is just sad - a great franchise, and a great concept driven to the group by horrible writers who can't be troubled to come up with a new concept. Just bring back Nina and Sherry, get the President into some sort of trouble, and have everything revolve around Jack's past and bomb another stellar season. Throw in a crew who doesn't seem to understand the concept of real time and you're all set.

Ric Bagoly

Senior HTF Member
RE: Michelle

She's a little hellcat, ain't she? :D

RE: Gael

Poor bastard.

RE: Palmer

Pack those bags and get that lecture tour ready, cause you're outta there...

RE: The TRUE villain

My pick-Kate Warner

WayneG

Stunt Coordinator
While I enjoyed the episode, I do agree with many of the complaints. I think I've come to accept that the show is not as good as S1 and thus I've lowered my expectations I guess.

Last night almost felt like it could have been episode 2 instead of 15 or whatever it was. All the stuff with Palmer has just been filler up until now as it appears he is involved in the main plot - finally. All the stuff with Kim and Chase has been filler, and Chloe too. Last night's episode was good because there was virtually no Kim, Chase or Chloe or other soap opera elements. Even the Tony/Michelle relationship was well done.

I don't believe for a minute that the police chief believes Palmer. I mean, could Wayne have looked any guiltier talking to the chief afterward?

aldamon

Second Unit

If this show were written like the West Wing, instead of action, we'd be subjected to constant moral conflict and sappy, motivational speeches.

Dominik Droscher

Supporting Actor
WayneG, I wrote almost the same post in another forum. This could have been episode 2. I think 24 would work best in a 8 episodes per storyline segment. 14 episodes of filler is a tad too much.

I liked the episode a lot BTW.

Vlad D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Vladimir Derenoncourt
I loved the episode. I also loved the fact that Michelle shot the guy; but did she really have to shoot him twice? :D

The concentration of the virus in the builing was 30 parts per million. I'm sure that with the broken window and the virus getting out the concetration in the open air will be significantly less and most likely not concentrated enough to be infective. Just my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks