What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

2023 MLB Season (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Well, sure, ideally, no roof would/should be needed, but climate/weather/environmental issues are real though. Baseball really isn't/wasn't meant to be a winter sport afterall (amongst other such potential issues), and Denver/Colorado's elevation (NVM other aspects like that hail storm) is just too drastically different from every other MLB market.

I definitely need to remember they started playing a couple real games in Mexico City too (probably every year going forward) to help promote MLB internationally -- that 1st game was pretty ridiculous even by Coors standards, LOL, and blasted one of my fantasy RPs (on the Friars)... so I sat Cobb for the next game after realizing (though he actually did alright enough, but definitely not great). :lol:

_Man_

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Reds win again. De La Cruz is hitting .308.
Exciting times at GABP.

Is Ohtani really a free agent after this season?

Last edited:

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin
I'm getting really tired of umpires bad calls, out of the zone, in the last at bat of the 9th inning against the Dodgers, especially last night. Miquel Vargas the last batter up in the 9th inning. Two outs, two men on base. Two called strikes completely out of the zone. Video of eleven 9th inning called strikes, including the two noted.

And these are just in the 9th inning. The umpire screwed a call to Vargas in the 8th inning as well.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Elly still tearing it up- a big HR, and 2 doubles last night in Washington. A tad concerning that he posed on his HR- he’ll likely be getting some inside pitches if he keeps doing this.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Elly still tearing it up- a big HR, and 2 doubles last night in Washington. A tad concerning that he posed on his HR- he’ll likely be getting some inside pitches if he keeps doing this.
I don't blame him for posing since the Nationals manager was screwing with him by having the umpires inspect his bat just prior to that HR.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
I don't blame him for posing since the Nationals manager was screwing with him by having the umpires inspect his bat just prior to that HR.
Yes I did read about that. It didn’t occur to me that Elly might have posed, in retaliation of the gamesmanship the Nats manager tried. Good point.

Last edited:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I normally wouldn’t care for when a player poses after a homer especially a guy who hasn’t done anything yet but that one was merited after the Nats manager had his bat checked.

I’m old school but not that old school.
Pose, flip the bat. Do it. But earn it for more then a few weeks first.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Phils heating up. Big series in Miami this weekend- I think they can leapfrog the Marlins, if they sweep.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
^Elly is certainly amazing (and extremely entertaining) and surely making believers out of all Reds fans by now.

Maybe the Reds will even become buyers at this year's trade deadline and finally get back to spending some $$$ this coming offseason perhaps...

_Man_

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
He needs to walk more though, as 8 walks isn't enough as you want him on base as much as possible with his long strides and speed.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
He needs to walk more though, as 8 walks isn't enough as you want him on base as much as possible with his long strides and speed.
Good point- a player with his speed and base stealing ability should at least try for more free passes.

I think it’s odd that he’s a 3B/SS at his size, and arm. I wonder if he ever played RF in the minors, but couldn’t defensively play the position (pick up the ball off the bat, be in position for ricochets off the wall, etc).

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Good point- a player with his speed and base stealing ability should at least try for more free passes.

I think it’s odd that he’s a 3B/SS at his size, and arm. I wonder if he ever played RF in the minors, but couldn’t defensively play the position (pick up the ball off the bat, be in position for ricochets off the wall, etc).
Usually, the best athletes/players start off as SS. That's been my experience in following MLB player careers. Eventually, many of them can't handle that position as their baseball careers advance from high school and Little League and they move to other positions like other infield positions or even CF.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks