What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

2007 NFL Off-Season Discussion Thread (Including Vick's troubles) (1 Viewer)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
The Pats signed Adalius Thomas to a bigger contract with a longer term commitment, so I think these two WR signings are just wisely not over-committing to players who haven't earned those guarantees. Kelley Washington certainly never set the world on fire in Cincy -- he was the #4 receiver whenever Chris Henry was free on bail :) .

They also gave Wes Welker more than a one year deal.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Ryan Fowler who reportedly signed an offer sheet with Philly has changed his mind and has committed to the Titans 4 yrs 11.5 million. Not bad for a undrafted backup and special teams player

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
The Packers are getting serious about trading for Randy Moss. Rumored in the deal is Aaron Rodgers.

There are also rumors that Dallas is trading Julius Jones. Personally I like this idea. I much prefer Marion Barber III.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Those Moss for Rodgers rumors have been around for a few weeks. Supposedly, Green Bay wants to include Rodgers, but Oakland would prefer a high draft pick. If they work out a deal (especially if it includes Rodgers), then I think Oakland is a lock to draft Calvin Johnson first overall. This would then make the next few picks a little clearer, IMO. Detroit would take Joe Thomas or Gaines Adams, Cleveland would take Quinn or Peterson, and Tampa would take Gaines Adams or Thomas (whichever Detroit passed on). Jamarcus Russell would fall -- probably to Houston or Minnesota.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I shudder to think what kind of collegiate career Calvin Johnson would have had if he didn't have a so-so QB (Reggie Ball) throwing to him at GT.

Brandon_T

Screenwriter
Yes and no. I think his ability to read a defense is probably better already than Culpepper's ever was. Remember, Donte looked real good when he had that Moss guy to launch the ball to. All he had to do was get it close and Randy could make the play. Russell's big problem might be keeping his weight in check. He can run, has a cannon for an arm and appears to adapt to defenses well. I would take him in a second over Quinn.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield

I think you are actually being pretty generous towards Reggie Ball and his talent by labeling him "so-so". I only saw a couple of GT games, but Ball looked quite bad to me.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Seattle signs former Lions and Colts tight end Marcus Pollard.

Former Seahawk and current free agent tight end Jeremy Stevens was arrested for DUI.

Detroit signs CB Travis Fisher to a 1-year deal. He was a 2002 draftpick of St. Louis.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Titans sign CB Nick Harper(of the Colts) to FA contract. I guess they wanted insurance for Pacman aka Rainman if you visit PFT at all :)

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

"We weren't going to sign him, didn't take a look at him at all, but over the past couple of days we were alerted to his potential and knew he had to be a Bengal." /Marvin Lewis.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Philly has signed WR Kevin Curtis -- 6 years, $32M ($9.5M guaranteed). I'm glad the Lions put their checkbook away on this one. I don't think Curtis is worth that kind of money.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shronkey234
Recent bookmarks