What's new

2007 MLB Playoffs (Predictions and Discussion) (1 Viewer)

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
If the Rockies win tonight, I will predict a sweep.

What is more messed up, the throwing of bottles onto the field, or the fact that Game 1 had a bunch of no-shows?

pricech4

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris
it's amazing how there is always one team that comes out of nowhere to be the suprise of the playoffs...not that colorado was that much of a suprise, they are very good, similar to the cardinals of last year...i predict indians and rockies in the WS, and colorado to give cleveland a run.

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin

I see. I don't think you can make much out of Clemens's post-season ERA since he left with an injury after 2 innings. And I don't see what that has to do with A-Rod staying or leaving.

Wang certainly stunk it up in the post-season. I don't know if this was due to injury, fatigue, suddenly forgetting how to pitch or the other teams finally figuring him out. In any case, it's not due to age.

Actually, the Yankees pitching staff figures to get younger (Hughes, Kennedy, Chamberlain).

But I guess this is a topic more for a "hot stove" type of thread, rather than a playoffs prediction thread.

Will the Rockies ever lose again?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
That's what they do. A lot.

But they've got the pitching, too. That's one of the things that separates this year's BoSox team.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, they're not quite the meat-grinder offense they were a few years ago, but the organizational philosophy of making the opposing pitcher earn every single out certainly seems to be paying dividends. You also really don't want to screw around with Manny and Ortiz when they're locked in like this.

Tomorrow night's game should be something special.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
The smoke is dissipating, the mirrors are cracking, the Dbacks are toast.

I really don’t see them winning four out of the next five.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
I'm guessing after last night that Eric Gagne is not coming back to Boston next year. He used to be game over for the other team. Now he's game over for his own team. Both Carmona and Schilling didn't look that great tonight.

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin

I think that was pretty well established long before last night.

Actually, I hope he does.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I think after last night, Julian Tavarez replaces him on the roster for the World Series if necessary.

Some team's going to get a bargain in him next year - there's no way he's really this bad, even though he has destroyed his negotiating position as a free agent.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Kinda got "Renteria" written all over it, doesn't it?! ;)

It is really amazing how bad Gagne is in a Red Sox uniform. To move that run into scoring position with a walk in the 11th inning of a tied playoff game is really unforgivable.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Rockies win again. What a roll. Second NL team ever to start the postseason 6-0, 20 of 21.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Although, honestly... I do have to wonder if Gagne would have gotten out of it were he allowed to finish the inning. As terrifying as he is, his damage has usually only been a run or two (and I don't think any had scored when he was pulled). I kind of have to think sticking with Gagne would have been a better bet than going with the LOOGY for multiple outs or Lester as the last line of defense.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
not the first team to start 6-0.
rockies might be the only team to to have the record they have now though.
that 20-1 thing.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
didnt the Yankees sweep a couple rounds early '00?

Reds went 7-0 in '76 one of the teams being the phils.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks