What's new

200 CD changer (1 Viewer)

Andrew S-

Stunt Coordinator
looking to get a 200 CD changer. there was a jvc on ebay for like $150 that i thought about getting but that seemed real cheap. how much should i expect to spend on a decent one?

Mark Hedges

Second Unit
Sony has been making CD jukeboxes for a long time - if I were looking for one I would probably get a Sony but that is just me. Did you try audioreview.com? You have to take the reviews with a grain of salt but I think they can be usefull.

Kenny_H

Stunt Coordinator
I don't know of anyone except JVC that is making 200 disc changers, but, I do know that Sony's current CDC-CX355 300 disc changer sells between $184.00 and $199.00 at places like Best Buy, J&R Music World and other retailers. That is with warranty! I have 3 Sony mega changers (CDP-CX455, CDP-CX450 & CDP-CX300). I love them!

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
I've had the 300 disc Sony for a few years and it gets a lot of play time and its never given me an ounce of problems so I'd highly recomend one:emoji_thumbsup:

NicholasL

Second Unit
I used to have a 200 Kenwood CD changer. It was decent, solid and reliable, but alas I sold it for the Sony M333 ES 400 CD changer. It sounds awesome (although probably in part to my other components). It operates quick and quiet and I highly recommend that. It costs a little more ($600 for the M333ES, $800 for the M555ES) but well worth it. Only issue you might have is that it only features an optical out, no coaxial.

If all you need is a 200 or 300 capacity, you should also look into Pioneer Elite's 301 CD changer. I've heard some nice things about that one too. I would have purchased that unit only I have more than 301 CD's.

chung_sotheby

Supporting Actor
I would look for a used CDP-CX90ES, the first Sony ES mega changer. Sounds much better than the later C333/555ES and M333/555ES changers. I actually find it about equal to my SCD-C555ES SACD player in terms of CD only playback. But if you need more than 200 CD capacity, then you need to get more than one. Saw some on Ebay for less than $250, which is a steal.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
I had a JVC 200-disc megachanger a few years ago, and it was decent for the money. The model I had did not allow you to enter disc titles, which made it difficult to use (i.e., to locate a particular disc). Furthermore, you couldn't daisy-chain another unit to it, so you were stuck at 200-disc capacity. I got rid of the player and went with two Sony CDP-CX333ES 300-disc models (discontinued), and I have been very happy with them over the past two-and-half years. Sony makes a good megachanger.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks