What's new

Sony mega CD changers, looking to link and play without delay and/or crossfade (1 Viewer)

OldGuy88

Auditioning
Real Name
James
I'm having a hard time telling from internet info/manuals and forum posts; if I'm going to link 2 Sony CD changers (of 200 or more discs each) using the S_Link A1 connection, does one of the changers need to have the "No Delay" and "X-Fade" or "No Delay" buttons on them in order to have one disc queued up before the currently playing one ends, so I don't have the 3 - 6 second silence/carousel whirring sound? Will the no-delay only work if BOTH discs are in the changer that has the "No Delay" button on it, like this is a feature that only works on the unit with that functionality, and it doesn't happen if disc to be played next is in 2nd unit (the one WITHOUT the "no Delay" button)?

My dream scenario here is to have 2 of the 200 changers (models CDP-CX205, or 225, 255, etc.) and link them via Sony's SLink such that on shuffle (all discs), one is cuing up a disc while the other's song is ending. But none of these models have the "no delay" or "crossfade" buttons on them. So is this impossible? Do BOTH linked units need to have these buttons on them to get this to work?

Any feedback from anyone who has actually set up cd changer units to do this very welcome, I appreciate the time. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks