What's new

2 Toshiba 34HF83's, both defective (1 Viewer)

AngeloNA

Agent
The first set had a visual defect on the left side of the screen. With very dark images, one could see that about 1 inch of the left side of the screen was slightly lighter than the rest of the screen. It's a subtle problem and not visible most of the time.

I asked for a replacement, and the seller sent me a new one. This one was even WORSE. Not only was the same problem there, but there was a faint crooked line that was apparent in all types of images! I sent the new one back and kept the old one, for now.

This leads me to believe that this model in general has this problem on the left side of the screen. Has anyone else with this model noticed anything? Look at a black image (like the black reference image from DVE) and turn down the lights and see if you detect any faint lightening on the left side.

I'm going to call Toshiba and have them service it if anything can be done. But if nothing can be done, I'm thinking of swapping it for a smaller and cheaper Sony set. Any suggestions on what to do? I may just get used to it and not care. Otherwise, it's a good set.

RickLe

Stunt Coordinator
Don't despair, after months of research I purchased the sony 32HS510. I too went through two defective sets. It sucks but it seems alot of displays seem to have problems in todays market place. I'm setting my sights now on a Hitachi big screen, and all I can do is cross my fingers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks