2 speakers, 1 connection

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Evelio Figueroa, Oct 30, 2001.

1. Evelio Figueroa

Evelio Figueroa Second Unit

I was talking to a friend and he told me he hooked up 2 speakers to one connection.
    Like this:
    Negative from the receiver to the negative post on speaker1, positive from the speaker1 to the negative on speaker2, then positive from speaker2 to the receiver.
    I never knew you can do this. Can any damage result? Will there be a power loss? I'd like to know if this is a bad idea so I can tell him. If not, I'll let him stick with his connections.
    Thanks
    ------------------
    EVELIO The name brand for fine cigars!!

2. Vince Chan

Vince Chan Stunt Coordinator

You sre hooking up your speakers in series, and this will not harm your receiver, as opposed to hooking them up in parallel which may harm the receiver. I have 2 sets of rears hooked up in series and have had no problems at all.
    However, my hookup is different from what you suggest, as I have my + from receiver to + in speaker 1, - speaker 1 to + speaker 2, - speaker 2 to - in receiver.
    ------------------
    http://www.arcticcircle.ca/about.htm

3. Wes

Wes Screenwriter

Wes Peterson
    Vince, it is the same way but he wrote it in reveres direction than your description!
    Wes

4. Evelio Figueroa

Evelio Figueroa Second Unit