What's new

2 speakers, 1 connection (1 Viewer)

Evelio Figueroa

Second Unit
I was talking to a friend and he told me he hooked up 2 speakers to one connection.
Like this:
Negative from the receiver to the negative post on speaker1, positive from the speaker1 to the negative on speaker2, then positive from speaker2 to the receiver.
I never knew you can do this. Can any damage result? Will there be a power loss? I'd like to know if this is a bad idea so I can tell him. If not, I'll let him stick with his connections.
Thanks
------------------
EVELIO The name brand for fine cigars!!

Vince Chan

Stunt Coordinator
You sre hooking up your speakers in series, and this will not harm your receiver, as opposed to hooking them up in parallel which may harm the receiver. I have 2 sets of rears hooked up in series and have had no problems at all.
However, my hookup is different from what you suggest, as I have my + from receiver to + in speaker 1, - speaker 1 to + speaker 2, - speaker 2 to - in receiver.
------------------
Link Removed

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
Vince, it is the same way but he wrote it in reveres direction than your description!
Wes

Evelio Figueroa

Second Unit
You sre hooking up your speakers in series, and this will not harm your receiver, as opposed to hooking them up in parallel which may harm the receiver.
Oh, so this won't harm the receiver? Hmmmm...maybe I may do the same thing with the center channel when I get my stuff all hooked back up. :) I can't wait till Jan 2002 gets here!! I'll move into my new home! Right now everything is in storage.
------------------
EVELIO The name brand for fine cigars!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks