What's new

1420 calorie burger at Hardees (1 Viewer)

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
what a load of crap, carlsjr doesn't even have their menu up on their website :angry:

they do have a pastrami burger that looks... interesting.

Dave Farley

Second Unit
I'm thinking they should have the defibrillator, angioplasty lab, and bypass teams on standby right there at Hardees. Maybe even a drive-thru squad to follow you home, just in case.

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
damn.. can someone actually devour that thing? It's HUGE! I don't eat much meat. Mostly chicken or turkey. I'll have a burger every now and then, but I don't tihnk I could eat that thing.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Did anyone read my post? It's only 10 oz.!!!!

What's the big deal? People order steak dinners (even larger) all the time (with potatoes and bread), so why is this such a big deal?

Actually, it's pretty funny how people immediately think of heartattacks when they picture this burger, yet don't make the same comments when you go out for a large steak dinner. Is it because of the fast food name?

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
This looks similar to the breakfasts that you can see at any local eatery. While I don't dig the eggs, the other parts if cooked at a restaurant look tasty to me. I certainly wouldn't buy this at the store though.

As far as steak goes, HERE is a steak:
http://www.bigtexan.com/72oz.html

You eat it all and the fixins, you get the steak free. Just drive thru Amarillo, Tx.

John Spencer

Supporting Actor
Frighteningly, I watched a man eat this sandwich in literally four bites the other day. Of course, this was a rather large man who has to walk with a cane because his ankles can't handle his girth (his explanation). I was kinda wanting to try one of those until I saw that. It might have also been the fact that he attacked the sandwich like it had killed his parents, or that his heavy breathing sounded like the wind passing through a cracked window.
All I know is that since then, I've been eating Subway salads and drinking water.

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
10 oz to me is a big piece of meat no matter if it's chicken or beef. I eat small fist sized portions of food so that is pretty big to me (the picture of the burger). Besides, we aren't just talking about the meat anyway. That burger has not only 2 slabs of meat, but bacon, cheese, buttered buns...yeah heart attack waiting to happen.

I don't eat steak, but if I did it would be smaller size that what they serve at restaurants. I can't eat a huge piece of meat anyway because my body cannot handle it. I will get sick.

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
John,

That is disgusting, I would be turned-off too. I'm a bigger guy, 6'4" and I work out regularly, but wouldn't want to demolish it like that. That guy's got other problems.

That having been said, I'm still going to try it this weekend!

Lanie,

It's not for everyone, I'm sure. I don't eat a lot of processed beef like hamburger, but this is excessive for the majority and I think that's what they are going for. I think, anyway. I hope. It'll probably be the only thing I eat on Saturday, and I'm not planning on eating before I have it, so it won't be AS detrimental. And I'll bring some carrot sticks along, just in case! :)

Tim Fennell

Stunt Coordinator
When (if) you go into McDonalds look around at the people in there. If I want to look like them go up to the counter and order - otherwise get the heck out of there.

I used to eat plenty ( I ate 8000+ calories as a teenager at a buffet) but that burger is excessive.

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member

Because steaks aren't ground up with a bunch of fat in them, too. A lean steak, or very lean hamburger (Meijer sells 95/5 American Heart Association ground beef) isn't really that bad.

A 2/3 pound steak wouldn't have 1,420 calories and 107 grams of fat.

But the meat that most restaurant hamburgers (esp fast food hamburgers) are made out of has a lot of fat, etc ground into it. Just ask someone that has worked at a meat market about how they make the hamburger. :D

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
I{ve eaten there Shane, though I had no thought of trying that meal. The Big Texan as had plenty of ´best marketing´ awards over the years for this stunt. No doubt Hardee´s intent also.

While I was there the only person to give it a go, was a man who was probably on about his third or fourth beer and ordered that meal, his wife protesting all they way. She was even less amused when it turned out that a bevy of waiters showed up, rining cowbells and all gathered around that table while an announcement was made over the PA system letting the whole restuarnt know what was going on.

I´m guessing that he got the cold shoulder that night regardelss of his success or failure.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I didn't think fast food burgers actually had enough MEAT in them to have a lot of fat :laugh:

p.s. ARE rat droppings high in fat??? :D

Scott Bourden

Second Unit

I don't care how active somebody's lifestyle is, 107 grams of fat is an obscene amount for only one burger. Hell, I try to keep my day's average at like 70 tops.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I know the article says 107g of fat, but can this really be true?

The Hardees 2/3 LB Double Bacon Cheese Thickburger is only 40g of fat. How much different is THIS burger to make it 67g MORE???

EDIT: My above quote of 40g of fat is 'saturated fat'

For reference (grams of fat):
6 oz. of the following meats:

Beef, Ground Round: 28.1g
Beef, Ground Chick: 44g
Prime Rib: 37.8g
Rib Eye Steak: 19g
Sirloin Steak: 13.6g
Top Sirloin: 30.4g

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks