What's new

BK's Impossible Whopper. What'd you think? (1 Viewer)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
My second one I got Wednesday. cheese on it. I always remembered getting a cheese slice on the top and slice on the bottom that stuck out. A spoonful of orange stuff slapped on for 50 cents?! No BK, no. Also like Malcolm I got bad lettuce too.

No cheese next time and will ask for more lettuce. Still really like these. But I will love to make these myself when the stores get them.

The one thing they got right this time were THE FRIES. Lookie that THOSE!! yummers!! hee hee hee (joke, these were a whole russet just minutes before and cost of fraction of BKs things and need no salt at all to cover stuff up)

impossible burger B.jpg

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
... I'm interested in this for several reasons, none of which included getting burgers at BK (or McD's, Wendy's, Sonic, DQ, etc.). I'm not a huge beef eater (mostly ground beef) and am interested if the patties can be broken up to use as a substitute for crumbled ground beef in soups, casseroles, tacos, etc. ....
I sure did mean to tell you this sooner. I've tried other veggie crumbles but this one is so good. Brown this stuff first in veg oil instead of dropping in sauces, etc. After brown it's so good just pain with a spoon. I'm thinking some onions peppers drop on rice with light sauce and yum! zero after taste to me. My fav thing is tacos with taco bell spice. some sauce, cheese lettuce, (maybe sour cream but haven't tried that yet). It's nearly perfect. would like to know if others have eaten this magical stuff. i need to try the other brands again like Gardein and Beyond meat since I think the secret is browning first then putting into things. I made spaghetti, was very good. A "meat" filled omelet using Markos pizza sauce, the actual pizza sauce not the other stuff they pass off to us. Had one yesterday, fantastic. But tacos with this are a savior! brown, add a bit of watch and TB spice to taste. to me it tastes better than their actual burgers.

boca crumbles.JPG

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
Apparently Tim Hortons in Canada has stopped offering their “Impossible” variant in their outlets except in a few large cities — not enough interest.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I haven’t checked locally, but I saw an article saying that IB ground meat is now available at grocery stores. I still hope to do a home taste with my grill.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Water, Soy Protein Concentrate, Coconut Oil, Sunflower Oil, Natural Flavors.
And don't forget:

Potato Protein, Methylcellulose, Yeast Extract, Cultured Dextrose, Food Starch Modified, Soy Leghemoglobin, Salt, Soy Protein Isolate, Mixed Tocopherols (Vitamin E), Zinc Gluconate, Thiamine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B1), Sodium Ascorbate (Vitamin C), Niacin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Vitamin B12.

It's quite a Franken-food.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
omg! it has potatoes. NnoOOOOOOOooo!! lol
jokey, but not all of that is all that bad for ya. real beef is really bad too for you and the poor abused cow especially.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Boca Crumbles . This is more like it. Browning some now for tacos.

Ingredients Water, Soy Protein Concentrate, Contains Less than 2% of Natural Flavor (Non‑Meat, Contains Celery), Malt Extract (Contains Gluten), Salt, Yeast Extract, Sugar, Garlic Powder, Dried Onions, Spices and Herbs.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I do understand. Heated up arguments come out of it. But there's an underlying aspect of these products. No animals harmed is a major appeal. Its like me asking everybody to stop talking about the health issues. Do we worry about that when talking about ice cream? lol Nobody thinks fast junk food is healthy. Do you really thing regular whopper is more healthy than the impossible one?

I can't not talk about the no animals harmed. Best I leave it here... after one more thing I actually came to post. I remember McDonald Fries being pretty good so I hope this comes to my mcD which I prob haven't been in 10 years.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/mc-d...antbased-companys-stock-surges-111421937.html

Take care!

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
...Do you really thing regular whopper is more healthy than the impossible one?
I think neither is particularly "healthy" and don't think one is better for you than the other. You basically have a choice of more cholesterol or more salt. Both have too much fat.
...I remember McDonald Fries being pretty good so I hope this comes to my mcD which I prob haven't been in 10 years.
I've yet to have fries at a "fast food" restaurant I'd call "pretty good" - even from the places that pride themselves on their fries (like 5 Guys whose fries are greasy and not crispy - they're worse cold than McD's or BK's or DQ's). Most are passable and even then only if they're hot. Once they hit room temperature you may as well be eating the box/bag they come in. It's about as flavorful.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
As I've noted earlier, I'm intrigued, because it's a new food option for me. I'm an omnivore. I like meat. I like veg. Impossible Burger is a new food experience: it's very beef like but wholly plant based. It's also high tech and science-y I dig it. It's not dramatically healthier, but as Bob says, it lets you trade cholesterol for salt. I see that as a plus -- a option to have available if you care -- not a negative.

But it's not perfect and folks have different tastes. A friend who's allergic to beef, hoped it would be a great option. But the first time she tried it, the restaurant didn't cook it well. I think they overcooked it, and wasn't very enjoyable. I think it's a fussier burger to cook than a real beef burger.

Also why I'm interested in getting IB Beef from the grocery story, to see how it might be as an option for home cooked burgers or tacos and so forth. :)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
One thought I had was just cutting the plant Whopper in half. They are very big and bloat me if I eat the whole thing. It's healthier than the meat one now. But if animal suffering is out of the argument my suggestion might be useless. If animal suffering was out of it I'd make crazy suggestions like saying just fry up all the stray cats and dogs we have as the best choice over the plant vs meat whopper nonsense! They are everywhere in some parts of the world. hee

DaveF, I hope you'll try the Boca crumbles. Walmart has that real cheap. I wish I could everybody here some of my tacos. I'll try to get a picture next time I do. You can't eat a picture but I'll add the exact recipe. I plan to try the Beyond Meat crumbles again too. I'll get a pack of each next time.

Last edited:

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
... you may as well be eating the box/bag they come in. It's about as flavorful.
See! we think alike. the fast food litter problem solved too!

when me and sis were kids mom would buy us candy at some place she went to to get imported wicker and crap like that. She'd buy us Chinese rice candy. I found a picture of it!!! That's the exact stuff!

**goes away and cries happy tears a bit**

It had an inner wax wrapper that was a bitch to get off! I hated that stuff. But then I saw the wrapper was made of rice too! 1 You ate it!! lol I forgot how I figure it, maybe tried to wet it? Or just put the whole thing in mouth in desperation?

botan-rice-candy-20-count-13.jpg

The Drifter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jim
I've had the BK "Impossible" Whopper a couple of times since December 2019. I find it decent & tasty; I like meat, though am trying to avoid eating a lot of it since I'm been trying to eat healthier recently. So, this was a great alternative.

That being said, I did find this burger overpriced for what you're getting. However - Fast Food in general is more expensive than what it used to be even 4-5 years ago.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks