1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

BK's Impossible Whopper. What'd you think?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Radioman970, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Radioman970

Radioman970 Lead Actor

James Perry
    My second one I got Wednesday. cheese on it. I always remembered getting a cheese slice on the top and slice on the bottom that stuck out. A spoonful of orange stuff slapped on for 50 cents?! No BK, no. Also like Malcolm I got bad lettuce too.

No cheese next time and will ask for more lettuce. Still really like these. But I will love to make these myself when the stores get them.

The one thing they got right this time were THE FRIES. Lookie that THOSE!! yummers!! hee hee hee (joke, these were a whole russet just minutes before and cost of fraction of BKs things and need no salt at all to cover stuff up)

impossible burger B.

joshEH likes this.
  2. Radioman970

Radioman970 Lead Actor

James Perry
    I sure did mean to tell you this sooner. I've tried other veggie crumbles but this one is so good. Brown this stuff first in veg oil instead of dropping in sauces, etc. After brown it's so good just pain with a spoon. I'm thinking some onions peppers drop on rice with light sauce and yum! zero after taste to me. My fav thing is tacos with taco bell spice. some sauce, cheese lettuce, (maybe sour cream but haven't tried that yet). It's nearly perfect. would like to know if others have eaten this magical stuff. i need to try the other brands again like Gardein and Beyond meat since I think the secret is browning first then putting into things. I made spaghetti, was very good. A "meat" filled omelet using Markos pizza sauce, the actual pizza sauce not the other stuff they pass off to us. Had one yesterday, fantastic. But tacos with this are a savior! brown, add a bit of watch and TB spice to taste. to me it tastes better than their actual burgers.

boca crumbles.JPG

Malcolm R and BobO'Link like this.
  3. TJPC

TJPC Producer

Terry Carroll
    Apparently Tim Hortons in Canada has stopped offering their “Impossible” variant in their outlets except in a few large cities — not enough interest.

4. Radioman970

Radioman970 Lead Actor

James Perry
    bummer.

5. DaveF

DaveF Moderator

Dave
    I haven’t checked locally, but I saw an article saying that IB ground meat is now available at grocery stores. I still hope to do a home taste with my grill.

Radioman970 likes this.
  6. Gary Seven

Gary Seven Grand Poo Pah

Gaston
    It was aptly named. It will be impossible for you to get me to eat this garbage.

Radioman970 and RobertR like this.
  7. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?
    Supporter

Tony D.
    What garbage are you talking about?

8. Gary Seven

Gary Seven Grand Poo Pah

Gaston
    Water, Soy Protein Concentrate, Coconut Oil, Sunflower Oil, Natural Flavors.

Radioman970 likes this.
  9. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    And don't forget:

Potato Protein, Methylcellulose, Yeast Extract, Cultured Dextrose, Food Starch Modified, Soy Leghemoglobin, Salt, Soy Protein Isolate, Mixed Tocopherols (Vitamin E), Zinc Gluconate, Thiamine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B1), Sodium Ascorbate (Vitamin C), Niacin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Vitamin B12.

It's quite a Franken-food.

RobertR and Jeffrey D like this.
  10. Gary Seven

Gary Seven Grand Poo Pah

Gaston
    Indeed. I was trying not to be too overwhelming. :)

Radioman970 likes this.
  11. Radioman970

Radioman970 Lead Actor

James Perry
    omg! it has potatoes. NnoOOOOOOOooo!! lol
    jokey, but not all of that is all that bad for ya. real beef is really bad too for you and the poor abused cow especially.

12. Radioman970

Radioman970 Lead Actor

James Perry
    Boca Crumbles . This is more like it. Browning some now for tacos.

Ingredients Water, Soy Protein Concentrate, Contains Less than 2% of Natural Flavor (Non‑Meat, Contains Celery), Malt Extract (Contains Gluten), Salt, Yeast Extract, Sugar, Garlic Powder, Dried Onions, Spices and Herbs.

13. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

Guys: let's not turn a harmless thread on a new product into something deeper about the ethics of food production.

RobertR likes this.
  14. Radioman970

Radioman970 Lead Actor

James Perry
    I do understand. Heated up arguments come out of it. But there's an underlying aspect of these products. No animals harmed is a major appeal. Its like me asking everybody to stop talking about the health issues. Do we worry about that when talking about ice cream? lol Nobody thinks fast junk food is healthy. Do you really thing regular whopper is more healthy than the impossible one?

I can't not talk about the no animals harmed. Best I leave it here... after one more thing I actually came to post. I remember McDonald Fries being pretty good so I hope this comes to my mcD which I prob haven't been in 10 years.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/mc-donalds-to-test-beyond-meat-burger-plantbased-companys-stock-surges-111421937.html

Take care!

Bryan^H likes this.
  15. BobO'Link

BobO'Link Producer

Howie
    I think neither is particularly "healthy" and don't think one is better for you than the other. You basically have a choice of more cholesterol or more salt. Both have too much fat.
    I've yet to have fries at a "fast food" restaurant I'd call "pretty good" - even from the places that pride themselves on their fries (like 5 Guys whose fries are greasy and not crispy - they're worse cold than McD's or BK's or DQ's). Most are passable and even then only if they're hot. Once they hit room temperature you may as well be eating the box/bag they come in. It's about as flavorful.

16. Gary Seven

Gary Seven Grand Poo Pah

Gaston
    While it's not for me, I guess there is an audience for this. Enjoy your water, oil, and chemicals. Pass the Wagyu, please. :)

ChristopherG likes this.
  17. DaveF

DaveF Moderator

Dave
    As I've noted earlier, I'm intrigued, because it's a new food option for me. I'm an omnivore. I like meat. I like veg. Impossible Burger is a new food experience: it's very beef like but wholly plant based. It's also high tech and science-y I dig it. It's not dramatically healthier, but as Bob says, it lets you trade cholesterol for salt. I see that as a plus -- a option to have available if you care -- not a negative.

But it's not perfect and folks have different tastes. A friend who's allergic to beef, hoped it would be a great option. But the first time she tried it, the restaurant didn't cook it well. I think they overcooked it, and wasn't very enjoyable. I think it's a fussier burger to cook than a real beef burger.

Also why I'm interested in getting IB Beef from the grocery story, to see how it might be as an option for home cooked burgers or tacos and so forth. :)

BobO'Link and joshEH like this.
  18. Message #58 of 59 Oct 1, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
    Radioman970

Radioman970 Lead Actor

James Perry
    One thought I had was just cutting the plant Whopper in half. They are very big and bloat me if I eat the whole thing. It's healthier than the meat one now. But if animal suffering is out of the argument my suggestion might be useless. If animal suffering was out of it I'd make crazy suggestions like saying just fry up all the stray cats and dogs we have as the best choice over the plant vs meat whopper nonsense! They are everywhere in some parts of the world. hee

DaveF, I hope you'll try the Boca crumbles. Walmart has that real cheap. I wish I could everybody here some of my tacos. I'll try to get a picture next time I do. You can't eat a picture but I'll add the exact recipe. I plan to try the Beyond Meat crumbles again too. I'll get a pack of each next time.

19. Radioman970

Radioman970 Lead Actor

James Perry
    See! we think alike. the fast food litter problem solved too!

when me and sis were kids mom would buy us candy at some place she went to to get imported wicker and crap like that. She'd buy us Chinese rice candy. I found a picture of it!!! That's the exact stuff!

**goes away and cries happy tears a bit**

It had an inner wax wrapper that was a bitch to get off! I hated that stuff. But then I saw the wrapper was made of rice too! 1 You ate it!! lol I forgot how I figure it, maybe tried to wet it? Or just put the whole thing in mouth in desperation?

[​IMG]