What's new

1420 calorie burger at Hardees (1 Viewer)

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
Shane,
The crazy part about the 72oz steak link is the interesting facts portion. Some people have eaten -2- of the steaks (yes, 144oz) in under an hour! That's _ten_ of the normal 14oz steaks you might get at a steak house!

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
I'm surprised ribeye is considered that lean, I've always thought it to be pretty fatty and oh-so-tasty.

Yousaf

Second Unit
Heh I had one of these burgers today...so did my roommate. Not too bad. I put it away pretty quickly, but then again, I was also pretty hungry. I think for a once in a while splurge burger, it;s not too bad, but it is kinda plain. Then again, maybe adding vegetables would ruin the effect. :)

I'm still a bit surprised at the reaction this has gotten...I mean hell, Bennigan's has had a 1 lb burger on their menu for a long time.

Robert_Gaither

Screenwriter
Looks like a burger fit for a vegetarian in my book, we have a small chain here called Bionic Burger and there 6 million dollar burger (varies from 80-112 oz depending on location last I went) looked like a medium pizza sized burger. Ironically cows are screwed if we don't eat enough of them no one will raise them and if we eat too many their life span is shortened.

JamesED

Second Unit
This burger doesn't look so bad. After Ruby Tuesday's put nutrition info on their menu, I see my favorite burger is just under 1700 calories. I don't mind them being so unhealthy, I don't eat one a day. They're just an indulgence.

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
Well, my fast is on in anticipation of the Monster Burger this afternoon. I should take a camera, it's like an occasion I want to remember ;)

Also, I'm applying to grad school at Penn State and the last time I was in the area, I was told that I NEED to go to Denny's Pub, which is like an hour away, home of that giant burger you posted, Brian. Now, I'm fairly certain that would kill me. :)

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
You guys have failed to realize the genius of hardee's new monster burger.

Despite rumors that lo-carb diets are out, this new burger is an atkin's diet buff's dream come true. JUST REMOVE THE BUN which is precisely what many of my friends who went on lo-carb diets usually did when devouring burgers from mcdonalds, burger king, etc. In other words, the marketers of this new burger recognize that their customers have no problem with removing the bun to satisfy their high-fat/lo-carb fix for the day. And it's a double-whammy b/c the fatsos of America are bound to try it/repeat as well!

NicholasL

Second Unit
It's nice to see, from reading all the posts, that at least nobody here has tried it yet. Thank god, we don't want a member dropping off the board anytime soon...

David_Moechnig

Stunt Coordinator

Nope, I had one. It was everything you could ask for in a cheeseburger, I didn't even have to order fries to fill me up.

NicholasL

Second Unit
Wow. You guys realizethat even 1 gram of saturated fat is 1 gram too many? Unlike fats, or EFA's, our body does not need saturated fat to function.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Our body does not need alcohol or nicotine either, but that doesn't stop people from drinking or smoking.

Rich Romero

Supporting Actor
Why isn't Carl's Jr. offering this sandwich? It's the Hardees of the west and would be my only opportunity to eat one.

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
Just tried something. I went to the Hardee's site and checked the nutritional value of a Monster Burger, large fries, dipped chocolate shake and apple turnover for dessert.

Calories: 2823
Calories from fat: 1596
Sodium: 3599
Total fat: 178
Saturated fat: 74
Cholesterol: 340
Carbohydrates: 223
Protein: 86

Yikes! That's definitely a trip to the hospital! Or the morgue!

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
Had one about 30 minutes ago just to say I had one.

I'm stuffed. Too much cheese IMHO... but it was delicious... up until the last few bites. Just too much burger for me.

Gotta call the wife to tell her I'll be skipping dinner tonight.

What does a clogged artery feel like? Just in case. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks