What's new

1014 with MCACC (1 Viewer)

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
There are a few different flavors of MCACC.

The 1014TX automaticly sets speaker level and distance as well as a 5 band automaic room-eq. This is the same as the Elite 52TX

The 914 only does speaker levels and distances.

The Elite 54TX and Elite 56TXi do speaker level, distance, and 7 band room-eq. I believe the Elite 59TXi does 9 band room-eq.

MikeGee

Second Unit
I'm just wondering.. how does the 1014tx automatically do the adjustments? Does it come with a mic that you position in your desired seating location?
I'm picking my 1014 up this weekend so any help i could get tweaking it would be great.

Rick Thoms

Agent
Ya I think i'm going to pick one up in Whitby on Sunday,pretty good deal.I guess it's MCACC 2 from what i understand.

Mark Russ

Second Unit
Does the microphone lie in the seat or does it need to be positioned at about where the ear level would be in a sitting position?

Scott Lawrence

Stunt Coordinator
Ear level is ideal. They recommend you use a tripod. I don't have one so I just sat it carefully on the seatback where i normally sit, which is about ear level (give or take a few inches). Seemed to produce decent results. One of these days I'll borrow my buddy's DVE and RS SPL meter and try manual tweaking for the first time to see what a difference that might make.

Todd Henry

Second Unit
The mic has a little clip on it. I clipped it on my shirt high up near my chin like a TV announcer.

Todd

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks