1014 and MCACC with no Subwoofer

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Trevor_J, Mar 5, 2005.

1. Trevor_J

Trevor_J Second Unit

Hi, I've had my 1014 for a few months now and I've been happy with the sound of the receiver but unhappy with the sound from my subwoofer. The sub was part of a boxing day special and the 5 speakers sound great and it was only the sub that was lacking so I bought the system anyway knowing that I had a passive sub that I could integrate at another date.

Well, today I removed the active 'sub' and connected my PSB Subsonic passive sub to the surround back channels, set them to 'Bi-amp' and set the fronts to large. Playing music and movies sounds much better but I knew it would be better if I ran Auto MCACC with the new set up to let the 1014 dial things in correctly. Well, it appears that I can't get past the initial test of MCACC without the system generating an error on the subwoofer test and halting.

I've tried setting the sub to off, plus, and on and I still can't get any further than the intial test sequence. What can I do to get MCACC working with my configuration?

2. Scott Lawrence

Scott Lawrence Stunt Coordinator

You'd definitely have to set the sub to Off. What might be throwing it off, however, is that it's expecting the sound from your front speaker to be coming from one location, your front speakers. Instead, it's coming from your front speakers AND your passive sub. That would make it very difficult for MCACC to detect distance and volume of the speaker, which is probably why your test is failing. I'm afraid you may have to calibrate manually.

3. dany

dany Supporting Actor

If you want to dial it in,do it yourself. After atuo setup, check the setup. On my denon,the distance was off and it set my fronts to lg and the spl was off,only really good for the eq setup.