What's new

100-inch projector for under 20$ !!! (1 Viewer)

Boris_V

Agent
Have anybody tried this at Link Removed Does it really work? I can't believe that you can build a 100-inch projector for less than 20$. Why then you must spend a whole fortune to get one in a store? If there is someone who possess the instructions already could this person be so good and share the instructions with us for free or do somebody know where you can download them for free?

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
Much like a late night infomercial that website is all spin with no substance. If you've got $20 to burn don't worry about building a projecter, just sent it to Don Lapre. With the tens of thousands of dollars you make every week from placing tiny classified ads you can buy a whole cineplex.

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
This has been posted here numerous times in the past. It's a scam - whatever quality you get is complete junk.
By the way, the price has doubled. Last time I saw it it was $10. Save your money.

greg jones

Stunt Coordinator
Just to satisfy your curiosity, here's the scheme. All that is required is a 19" TV, cardboard or other inexpensive building material, and a magnifying glass. Take the cardboard or whatever and build a box that the TV will fit exactly inside of. Make a piece that will seal the opposite end that the TV is on. Locate the center of this piece and cut a hole the exact diameter of the magnifying glass that you have (pending you have a round one...you can get square whole page magnifiers). Place the piece with the glass on the end and seal up so no light can leak out. Now, turn the TV on and move the TV in and out of the box until the image "focuses". There you have it.
Now, it goes without saying that the picture quality is not what one would consider desirable. But, if you have an old TV laying around and you and your friends want to mess around with something while drinking a few beers, it's worth playing around.
One note...you may be required to flip the TV upside down or place it parallel to the projection surface and use a mirror to reflect the image. Some magnifying glasses do weird stuff.
p.s. Don't ask me how I know this. Let me just say that it involves exactly what I suggested a couple of paragraphs ago.
------------------
Greg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks