What's new

10 years of Killer Instinct (1 Viewer)

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Haha sweet, it's been 10 years! I'm on a crappy comp but I'll be sure to download the vid when I get to my other one. I also have 2 vid's of MikeZ's KI1 combos. I'll post them up when I get the chance. Nice thread btw. ;):emoji_thumbsup:

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Very nice vid! Was that the EMU or Jamma? Makes me want to fire it up again but then I'd have to re-learn all those combos haha. Looks like you and your friend had fun putting that together, too bad no one seems to play it anymore. :frowning:

Here's part 1 of that video. Sorry for the quality but the original files on my comp are over 240 megs, had to compress them down.

Part 1 - 49mb

Evelio Figueroa

Second Unit

Its the Jamma. 1.5 version.

Just saw the video. Very nice!! In fact, I'm jealous!! ;)

What version were these combos performed on? I know the early versions had weird glitches that was fixed later on.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
According to Part 2 it's 1.4. You're right this one is pretty glitchy. How hard are those Jammas to wire up to something like a home theater? Do you have to hook them up to some specialized cabinet parts for them to function?

I have the EMU but it doesn't feel exactly as the arcade.. then again I'm pretty sure I don't have the latest version.

Evelio Figueroa

Second Unit

I just simply bought the one on ebay. :D It has everything you need to hook up to any TV set!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ME:B:EOAB:US:6

Works like a charm!! No difference from the arcade whatsoever!! :emoji_thumbsup: :D

I don't have this hooked to my home theater. Its on another TV setup. Since the Jamma board is grounded, I get a small hum on the speakers. I dare not use it there. I don't notice the hum on the current setup. Not sure why.

http://www.figarou.com/videos/DSC00034.JPG

In this pic, I have a fan to keep that one chip cool. Notice the heatsink?

http://www.figarou.com/videos/DSC00036.JPG

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor
Man thats freaking awesome! I want an arcade versions of KI 1 and 2 so bad. why have they never released these two as a classics release or made a new one?

James T

Screenwriter
Pretty cool video. Where's the Orchid combos ;) . I would always pick her and get huge combo totals everytime.

Evelio Figueroa

Second Unit

You are going to love this!!! For $150 more, I can have KI1 and KI2 on the same jamma board!!! :D I plan on doing it once I get some extra cash.

James T

Screenwriter

I think we both know the same combo. Cheap, but effective. And I love how it pisses people off;)

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
That's a killer package. I have one of those sticks I bought through MAS and they last forever.

Here's the other half of that video:

Part 2 - 43mb

Evelio Figueroa

Second Unit

Well, what do you know!! I remember doing some of those glitches/combos myself!! ;)

I played all versions of KI when it first came out. This includes the prototype. Talk about glitches!!! Spinal had a hard time returning to normal after changing to whomever he is fighting. People just avoided that combo.

After playing the prototype, I had to figure out where they put the ultra/ultimate enders. They moved it to different buttons when the production model came out.

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
KI was awesome. KI2 was OK, flashier.

When I build my arcade cabinet (I WILL HAVE ONE SOMEDAY), I am going to make sure to work out something for playing KI1&2.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks