Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

New LED-LCD

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Rick Westfall

Rick Westfall

Stunt Coordinator

• 220 posts

Posted January 09 2011 - 01:14 PM

Hello all,

Before I begin, I wanted to assure you that I will do my due diligence in researching prior to purchasing, but with all the options out there, I need an initial shove in the right direction. I'm looking to replace my 56" 720p JVC with a new flat panel. It is NOT my HT room. We watch TV and will watch movies, but I have a dedicated HT room so it's not the spot where I sit down and do a lot of movie watching. That said, there are a few companies who are selling their displays packaged with a BD player which I will need for when my wife wants to watch something on this TV. Please give me a few starting points for a TV close to the same size as my 56" I'm replacing. 3D??? I guess since it seems to be the new thing but not required.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   dmiller68

dmiller68

Supporting Actor

• 667 posts

Posted January 09 2011 - 02:06 PM

What is your price point?

I would look at the Samsung LED's and Panasonic Plasma's. Both have 55" models.

Equipment: Panasonic TC-P65VT25, Panasonic DMP-BDT100, Pioneer Elite SC-37, TiVo Premiere XL, Limited Edition MW3 XBOX 360s with Kinect, Apple TV
Speakers: Definitive Technology Mythos XTR60 (3), Definitive Technology Mythos XTR20BP (4), Definitive Technology SuperCube II

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Rick Westfall

Rick Westfall

Stunt Coordinator

• 220 posts

Posted January 09 2011 - 02:27 PM

Good point. I don't want to go higher than $2000 which needs to include the price of a BD player. Thanks

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   dmiller68

dmiller68

Supporting Actor

• 667 posts

Posted January 09 2011 - 02:38 PM

Samsung I believe is still including a free 3D Bluray player with there 3D sets.

Equipment: Panasonic TC-P65VT25, Panasonic DMP-BDT100, Pioneer Elite SC-37, TiVo Premiere XL, Limited Edition MW3 XBOX 360s with Kinect, Apple TV
Speakers: Definitive Technology Mythos XTR60 (3), Definitive Technology Mythos XTR20BP (4), Definitive Technology SuperCube II