New LED-LCD

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Rick Westfall, Jan 9, 2011.

1. Rick Westfall

Rick Westfall Stunt Coordinator

Hello all,

Before I begin, I wanted to assure you that I will do my due diligence in researching prior to purchasing, but with all the options out there, I need an initial shove in the right direction. I'm looking to replace my 56" 720p JVC with a new flat panel. It is NOT my HT room. We watch TV and will watch movies, but I have a dedicated HT room so it's not the spot where I sit down and do a lot of movie watching. That said, there are a few companies who are selling their displays packaged with a BD player which I will need for when my wife wants to watch something on this TV. Please give me a few starting points for a TV close to the same size as my 56" I'm replacing. 3D??? I guess since it seems to be the new thing but not required.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

2. dmiller68

dmiller68 Supporting Actor

David Miller
    What is your price point?

I would look at the Samsung LED's and Panasonic Plasma's. Both have 55" models.

3. Rick Westfall

Rick Westfall Stunt Coordinator

Good point. I don't want to go higher than $2000 which needs to include the price of a BD player. Thanks

4. dmiller68

dmiller68 Supporting Actor

David Miller
    Samsung I believe is still including a free 3D Bluray player with there 3D sets.