What's new

65 inch OLED TV or 75 inch Regular LED? (2 Viewers)

punman

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dwayne
I just got a 65 inch A80K OLED delivered two days ago. I just viewed some regular cable shows (including a hockey game) and a couple of Ultra HD Blu-rays. All this on Standard settings and no tinkering with the settings. I am impressed so far with straight out-of-the-box. I will mess with the settings over the next few days.

On a side note, I noticed that the "feet" for the base can be installed facing inwards or outwards. Nice to have the choice especially if one's stand or cabinet is a little on the short side. In my case I could go either way. I just wondered if there was any scientific reason why in or out would be sturdier or more practical or is it just a question of esthetics?

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
I have this very question.

Our 4 year old 65” Sony A8F suddenly developed a line of missing pixels & then shuts off after a minute. It can’t be fixed & I’m furious. The tv was not inexpensive.

I’m debating on replacing it with either a 77” LG C2 or Sony’s 65” QD-OLED (65” is its largest size). The Sony looks fantastic!

But I’m a bit leery of Sony again especially with a first generation QD-OLED. But it is a fine looking picture. Any opinions or thoughts? Will I be stepping down in PQ from my former Sony Bravia to this LG C2?

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Sony's A95K being a QD OLED TV and their Master Series flagship TV has better color volume and color saturation. I also prefer Sony's XR processor.

A closer model comparison to Sony's A95K is LG's G2 Gallery Series with the heat sync.

All TVs are on aggressive Super Bowl sales, which end this Sunday and all prices go up Sunday evening.

Wardog555

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Fraser
I have this very question.

Our 4 year old 65” Sony A8F suddenly developed a line of missing pixels & then shuts off after a minute. It can’t be fixed & I’m furious. The tv was not inexpensive.

I’m debating on replacing it with either a 77” LG C2 or Sony’s 65” QD-OLED (65” is its largest size). The Sony looks fantastic!

But I’m a bit leery of Sony again especially with a first generation QD-OLED. But it is a fine looking picture. Any opinions or thoughts? Will I be stepping down in PQ from my former Sony Bravia to this LG C2?

I'm more inclined to suggest the 77 inch.

Wardog555

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Fraser
And again. What is the seating distance? This will help decide what size to choose.

YANG

Screenwriter
I'm more inclined to suggest the 77 inch.
just to bring out to anybodys' interest... picture vertical height of a 2.35/2.39:1 on a 77" 16x9 display is equal or equivalent to a 1.85:1 vertical picture height on a 58" display.

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I've just replaced my LG 60" TV for an LG QNED 86" screen. Given the choice, I went for the larger size rather than a smaller OLED screen. Blu-rays and HD broadcasts look good but I still have a large collection of DVDs, the picture quality of which is now appalling on the large screen. These are mainly films from the 1930s to the 1960s, the vast majority of which are never going to be released on Blu-ray.

Last edited:

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
Sony's A95K being a QD OLED TV and their Master Series flagship TV has better color volume and color saturation. I also prefer Sony's XR processor.

Thanks to all. I went with the 65" Sony A95K. The picture quality is simply astounding. And a 77" just isn't a good fit in this space anyway.

Bravia Core is included. I haven't hooked it up yet. Apparently it is equal to a 4K UHD disc in streaming. But I'm not a fan of setting up setting up Google on my TV. Has anyone any experience with it? Or is there a Bravia Core thread here to discuss it? The search feature here hasn't produced much.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I've just replaced my LG 60" TV for an LG QNED 86" screen. Given the choice, I went for the larger size rather than a smaller OLED screen. Blu-rays and HD broadcasts look good but I still have a large collection of DVDs, the picture quality of which is now appalling on the large screen. These are mainly films from the 1930s to the 1960s, the vast majority of which are never going to be released on Blu-ray.
DVD looked like ass on my VIzio P-75. I just chalked it up to the larger screen. I upgraded to the LG C1 77"in July and I was shocked at how good DVDs looked, even at 77". So they can look good with the great upscaling and processing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks