What's new

Testy Area 51 (4 Viewers)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Why, yes, I believe I can.

Gary Cooper and a chicken leg?

Oh. you mean the one in pig-tails...

Gary Cooper and Audrey Hepburn (although she looks an awful lot like Isabella Rosselini in that particular image). But that obviously couldn't be the case.

Was this a scene from a film? Or a publicity shoot?

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
That was a publicity shot for the film Love in the Afternoon (1957). Isn't she a little young to be Coop's love interest?

I've had all these old photos and movie posters on my drive for years and now they've come in very useful when compiling my youtube videos, I've produced over 400 videos on my Top 10 Charts channel, Audrey Hepburn was my latest. Liz Taylor next.

This one's from Sabrina -

Hepburn, Audrey (Sabrina)_05.jpg

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Liz was very pretty and had a nice figure too. Here's a lovely picture for my next video.

Cleopatra_Elizabeth_Taylor.jpg

Cleopatra: How DARE you and the rest of your barbarians set fire to my library? Play conqueror all you want, mighty Caesar! Rape, murder, pillage thousands, even millions of human beings! But neither you nor any other barbarian has the right to destroy one human thought!

Caesar: Whatever else I may be, in your opinion, first of all, I am Caesar.

Cleopatra: And I am Cleopatra, Queen, daughter of Isis!

Ceasar: If I say so and when I say so, you are what I say you are, nothing more.

Cleopatra: Hail Caesar!

Caesar: You... a descendant of generations of inbred, incestuous mental defectives, how dare you call anyone barbarian!

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Your thigh bone connected to your Hepburn,
Your Hepburn connected to your back bone,
Your back bone connected to your shoulder bone,
Your shoulder bone connected to your neck bone,
Your neck bone connected to your head bone,
Now hear the word of the Lord!

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
"You dare dicker with your pontiff?"

When I first posted that quote in this thread years ago, someone here complained that it wasn't what was said in the film, Dennis or Jack? And they were right. That misquote came from Halliwells Film Guide, my old movie bible. I can't remember what the actual quote was.

Zen, that was a publicity photo for a magazine or something, the name Sabrina was on the jpeg.

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
President Richard Nixon's motorcade drove by my high school, once, and I was watching from the second floor. I was surprised to see the limo window in the back was down and I could see the bottom of RMN's face. The ski nose was how I recognized him. His face was very tan and kind of shiny.

Another nose story: I thought I saw Jimmy Durante at a parade. Some musicians were unloading from a bus and there he was, then I saw a second Jimmy Durante, and a third and more. The whole band was made up to look like Jimmy Durante!!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Tonight in the Frezon household, Peg and I watched Le Quattro Volte. Here's a NYTimes review. It's an Italian film. No dialogue. Existential. No usually my cup of tea. But, I enjoyed it. It had lots of goats.

And, in honor of the upcoming Netflix release of four new episodes of The Gilmore Girls(!!!), we have decided to re-watch all seven seasons of The Gilmore Girls--again. This'll be our third time.

We caught an episode on broadcast TV a couple of days ago. The episode was from the later years and we were sucked right back into the magic of Stars Hollow. The writing--so crisp. The nuance, the comedy, the drama, Lauren Graham...yum.

lauren-graham-23.jpg

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Tonight in the Frezon household, Peg and I watched Le Quattro Volte. Here's a NYTimes review. It's an Italian film. No dialogue. Existential. No usually my cup of tea. But, I enjoyed it. It had lots of goats.

And, in honor of the upcoming Netflix release of four new episodes of The Gilmore Girls(!!!), we have decided to re-watch all seven seasons of The Gilmore Girls--again. This'll be our third time.

I viewed La Quattro Volte when it premiered on home video and enjoyed it a great deal. Partly because it felt so much different than most of the traditional fare I usually watch. I first heard of the film when Christy Lemire and Ignatiy Vishnevetsky discussed it on Ebert presents At The Movies and was pretty intrigued by their comments on the film.

I've been thinking about a new Gilmore Girls binge session, but with the Fall television season and football starting up; it seems like something I just won't have time to pursue. (In the words of Bill the Cat - Ack!)

- Walter.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.