What's new

Jeremy Renner in Critical but Stable condition after snowplow accident (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Reminds me of the freak accident that killed Anton Yelchin, although in this case there is the contributing factor of the extremely hazardous conditions. It looks like we're in for a better outcome this time around, thank goodness.

Did the snow cat roll because where Renner had stopped it, or did it roll because the safety features malfunctioned/failed? A lot of money may depend on the answer to that question. Even if the equipment did fail, the manufacturer would probably argue that the accident wouldn't have happened if he'd just obeyed the travel ban.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop

I think the previous reporting on this was pretty lousy. The explanation of what actually happened was what seemed the most likely, that he got out and the snowcat somehow moved or slid and he got caught and pulled under it.

The extremely wide track of his machine seemed, when I saw the picture, to indicate it would be pretty hard to roll that unless you went over an embankment or something you did not see.

John Macri

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John
We drove this road to Lake Tahoe last summer with our friends who live in Reno. Beautifully scenic but must be a nightmare after a big winter snowfall.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
And once again, how does one run over oneself with a snowplow?

We don’t get enough snow here to warrant snowplow usage but it sound pretty equivalent to running over oneself with a riding lawn mower or sawing one’s arm off with a chainsaw, both of which are difficult to pull off by yourself with todays safety features. 🤷🏻‍♂️
When someone can shoot themselves down in a fighter jet, I guess anything is possible.

Edit: Glad to see as I read further into the thread that he appears to be doing well.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
From what it sounds like to me he fell out of the cab and the tracks RAn over him.

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Glad to hear this. I hope he’s able to make a full recovery in time.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
But yikes - over 30 broken bones. Rough recovery, but no doubt it could have been worse!

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Love how these details come out in drips and drabs. Either release the full story or don't release anything at all.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
With bare hands, wasn't it easier to get his nephew rather than getting the snowplow!?

I really want an animation to understand how this thing happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks