What's new

Jeremy Renner in Critical but Stable condition after snowplow accident (1 Viewer)

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne

"Jeremy Renner has "extensive" injuries as a result of a Jan. 1 snowplow accident at his home in Reno, Nevada, according to a source. The actor remains in "critical but stable condition," a rep for the actor tells PEOPLE.

Local authorities say the Marvel Cinematic Universe star, 51, was airlifted to a hospital following the New Year's Day incident.

"At approximately 9:00am on January 1, 2023, the Washoe County Sheriff's Office responded to a traumatic injury in the area of Mt. Rose Highway in Reno, Nevada," according to a news release."

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Heard about this but there is no explanation out there as to what happened. Did he crash the plow and get hurt? Did he go over the edge of a road into a ravine? It must have been a bad crash if he was critically injured. Hope he is alright.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Looks like the snow plow ran over his leg and resulted in major blood loss. A neighbor applied a tourniquet. He was airlifted to a nearby hospital. Sounds bad.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Yes, the new details that he was driving a snowcat to plow the road near his house and ran himself over is...well...pretty bizarre. The damage he suffered running over himself is said to be extensive and resulted in major blood loss and potentially the loss of his leg.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
My assumption here is he must have stopped, got out of the snowcat, walked around in front of it and it lurched forward, maybe slid, hitting him and pulling him under it. He appears to be lucky a doctor was nearby to tourniquet his leg and stop the bleeding.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
He was likely airlifted to Renown, the only hospital with a trauma center in the Reno/Carson City metro area.

Baenwort

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Cee
Yes, the new details that he was driving a snowcat to plow the road near his house and ran himself over is...well...pretty bizarre. The damage he suffered running over himself is said to be extensive and resulted in major blood loss and potentially the loss of his leg.
Plus there are safety features, and unless he owned a real antique, that would prevent running yourself over with a SnowCat.

Now, a crash or roll over that managed to put him out of the cab and under it is possible but the descriptions would be about the crash and not being 'run over'.

I'm sure more details will come out. This is to bizarre to stay quiet.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Plus there are safety features, and unless he owned a real antique, that would prevent running yourself over with a SnowCat.

Now, a crash or roll over that managed to put him out of the cab and under it is possible but the descriptions would be about the crash and not being 'run over'.

I'm sure more details will come out. This is to bizarre to stay quiet.

I mean, it would seem difficult to run yourself over with a snowcat so the explanation of how that happened is going to be pretty interesting. I can only guess there is a bunch of information we don't have. My first thought was someone else was with him and was in the cat when he got in front of it. However, the story as of now, does not mention anybody being with him. They say he did this to himself somehow.

The injury sounds bad, basically he took off a large portion of one of his legs seems what happened.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
It sounds like it flipped over on him.
And once again, how does one run over oneself with a snowplow?

We don’t get enough snow here to warrant snowplow usage but it sound pretty equivalent to running over oneself with a riding lawn mower or sawing one’s arm off with a chainsaw, both of which are difficult to pull off by yourself with todays safety features. 🤷🏻‍♂️

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
And once again, how does one run over oneself with a snowplow?

We don’t get enough snow here to warrant snowplow usage but it sound pretty equivalent to running over oneself with a riding lawn mower or sawing one’s arm off with a chainsaw, both of which are difficult to pull off by yourself with todays safety features. 🤷🏻‍♂️
If someone parks a plow the wrong way, a serious accident can happen.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
The report now clarifies that the snowcat flipped over while he was driving it, apparently pinning him under it crushing his chest and leg. So, perhaps he got too close or could not see an embankment and it went over with him getting stuck under it.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Renner snowcat.jpg

This is what he was driving. It is said the safety features failed. I guess he regularly uses it to plow his driveway.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Like I posted in that other thread, he's lucky to be alive today. I do worry about possible infections and/or blood circulatory issues.

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Most recent report was he stopped to help a stranded driver and the plow ran over his leg and he also suffered chest trauma. Since the safety features should have prevented that, it's being investigated.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks