What's new

Testy Area 51 (2 Viewers)

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Every post has 100 views, that's the average over 14 years? Interesting. But there were years where we had a lot more activity and total page views, 10 or 11 years ago? Weren't there complaints in other parts of the forum that we were having a little too much fun in this area? Rumors of loud music, laughter, screaming, toga parties, orgies, regular thread crapping incursions that sort of thing. Totally denied of course. :ph34r:

2002? Jeez I was just a wee lad when all this started. ;)

I remember Cees Terminator signature giving me the heebie jeebies.

According to the Huff Post, Donald Trump is now calling himself 'Mr. Brexit', why? No one knows.

Clip_33.jpg

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Russ: I got taught about Dolemite, Petey Wheatstraw and those films before I got to the HTF! :D

Every post has 100 views, that's the average over 14 years?

Not really the average over the years. But a constant. I think I've posted numbers propping up that 100:1 ratio of views:posts at different times over the years.

Now we used to churn through posts and pages, maybe, at a much higher rate than lately...but, honestly, I don't know. We stopped celebrating milestones a looooooooong time ago. Maybe we've picked up steam??
confused-smiley-004.gif

But I've always been intrigued by the 100:1 thing. It means that for every post made, there are 100 views made. All those people....reading...not posting, but just reading. Reading all the insightful thoughts expressed on these pages.

All the lonely people
Where do they all come from?
All the lonely people
Where do they all belong?

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
I totally remember we were the "scum of the Internet" there in the early days. Many came, few have returned. It was scary in here. We are all but tame now by today's standards though huh?

So many things have changed. I only get to hear 7.1 once a week at my buddies pub. I figured out what Bose is for. It's what the wife lets you install after vows. Bye bye battleship Onkyo receiver hello 2.1!

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Mike, the first time I saw Cees sig photo I wasn't sure what just happened, did something move out of the corner of my eye, hmm let me take a closer look..... :eek:

Picked up The Huntsman 3D - blind buy - a good cast - Hemsworth, Theron, Blunt and Chastain, but the film was dull and underwhelming, even the actors looked bored, one big meh. You appreciate Peter Jackson's Middle Earth saga a lot more after you see other people's attempts at fantasy worlds. Now I'm wondering if Warcraft is worth a blind buy. Gods of Egypt? The Mad Hatter Returns?
The Jungle Book
has grossed nearly a billion dollars so I'm assuming that's not going to disappoint, it's out on monday here in the UK.

Clip_236.jpg

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I've been on a mission looking for something...so I have been revisiting some extremely old Testy pages (man, there's a lot of dust in the archives. They should really hand out masks.)

And I keep finding other stuff:

3-2-select.bmp

Open the hatches! I'm going back in!

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Don't forget Microwave Massacre when you're at the shops, Steef!

MICROWAVE_MASSACRE_2D_BD[5]%20copy-500x500.jpg

Based on at least three threads I've read today, you're no longer allowed to call me a snoot...

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Rutger Hauer's first and last name end with the letters "er".

He has appeared in at least 13 movies/television-series whose title or alternative title end with "er" or "ers".

He has played at least 8 characters whose names end with "er".

This is all thanks to the charitable folks at IMDB.

=====================================

<Mike rings doorbell.>

Hey, Russ! You're a snoot!

<Mike giggles. and runs down the path. He jumps over the gate and runs maniacally down the sidewalk to safety.>

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Russ, that set looks incredible, magnifico even, just a damn shame the films themselves are so awfully schlocky. Yes I know there are grown men out there that go weak at the knees at the mere mention of the title Blood Feast, but I'd much rather watch my old Hammer horrors. :)

Mike, that picture you posted of the three girls... it used to do something naughty when you clicked on it... not anymore sadly. Even if I found the original post on my archives I don't think it's going to work now. Sad innit? :(

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Russ, that set looks incredible, magnifico even, just a damn shame the films themselves are so awfully schlocky. Yes I know there are grown men out there that go weak at the knees at the mere mention of the title Blood Feast, but I'd much rather watch my old Hammer horrors. :)

Mike, that picture you posted of the three girls... it used to do something naughty when you clicked on it... not anymore sadly. Even if I found the original post on my archives I don't think it's going to work now. Sad innit? :(

It's really a dream release for me. I love BLOOD FEST and 2,000 MANIACS. you know you're into a realm of film when asked about the poor qualities of his films, HGL argued that they can't be bad if they're in focus with synched sound.

I'm ignoring Mike.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Boy, ring a guy's doorbell once...

That pic was all about CNTRL-A back in the day.

CTRL-A works differently now, so it seems. I think you need to go back to a Win '97 machine or older, or perhaps still Windows ME.

(I found a few other pics on my old drive too, but it would give an exaggerated impression of us all if I posted them now.)

Cees

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I think I'm the only guy in the entire universe who actually liked Windows ME.

And not just because of how it handled Ctrl-A...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.