What's new

Testy Area 51 (5 Viewers)

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
For art theater we have The Flicks http://www.theflicksboise.com/ Four screens for art films. Food and drink (beer, wine) is served in Rick's Cafe Americain. It's just north of the river across from the BSU campus so it never lacks for an audience.

The Boise IMAX is further out from downtown towards the suburbs.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Flicks looks like it shows the same stuff that the Princess does: studio films too small for the multiplexes.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
lXamJN3.gif

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
This one sucked:

51Rgc8OFaAL.jpg

There was no trouble with girls and he didn't "get into it." the only girl trouble was the gal who wanted equal rights due to a union contract. Those crazy dames! Wanting to be treated fairly in the workplace. how hilarious! Otherwise it's aboutt he goings on of a "Chautaugua", if you know what that is without wiki you're farther along than I. One more Elvis movie left in my series, aside from the concert films that will be a billion times batter than this piece of crap.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Was that the one with Vincent Price, Russ? I've got them all but I can't remember who was in what, Elvis 60's output basically had the same plot with different songs, even the girls looked similar. When are they all coming out in a massive blu-ray collection with book, Elvis figurine, and a piece of cloth supposedly from one of his suits.? I'm sure Mike will be first in line to order. :3dglasses:

fqS1GAP.gif

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Was that the one with Vincent Price, Russ? I've got them all but I can't remember who was in what, Elvis 60's output basically had the same plot with different songs, even the girls looked similar. When are they all coming out in a massive blu-ray collection with book, Elvis figurine, and a piece of cloth supposedly from one of his suits.? I'm sure Mike will be first in line to order. :3dglasses:

Yup, Price gets a little business, as does John Carradine. Elvis doesn't do anything other than wander around with a cigar for the first half of the picture, mooning over the stupid Chautaugua. He get's a couple of decent songs, but it's not worth sitting through. It's directed by the guy who did the even worse "Stay Away Joe" picture. "Change of Habit" with Mary Tyler Moore is the next and last one. I think that's the title. we'll never see a boxset on bluray. MGM is farming them out to Twilight Time, which means some poor suckers are paying premium prices for dreck like "It Happened At The Worlds Fair".

A testy fave is playing at the Metro tonight. I'm not going, my home theater has better sound... :P

CrNZ-GmUAAAn64v.jpg

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Hmm have you seen that one Russ - The Secret Life of Pianos - was it in 3D? I watched the Secret Life of Plants once, bored the tits off me, like watching grass grow. :rolleyes:

forbiddenplanet1055.jpg

"Monsters John. Monsters from the Id!" I'd love to have seen Forbidden Planet on the big screen, it's a huge favorite of mine. That's one sci-fi classic they've avoided remaking, so far.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Hmm have you seen that one Russ - The Secret Life of Pianos - was it in 3D? I watched the Secret Life of Plants once, bored the tits off me, like watching grass grow.

Sadly I didn't go to either show, but it's my understanding that those pianos are a bunch of whores.

marilyn-monroe-2-sided-pinup-poster-big-bow-tie-baby-grand-piano-music-photo-art-c70c7c418094bcc5242ea4e2ff41c505.jpg

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
Just watched Blazing Saddles and every single extra on the blu.

As for Art theaters The Fox here in town will hopefully open soon and years long restoration. The Fox is from the early 1900's.(photo later today)

Lol Mel Brooks straight out said "Blazing Saddles is the funniest movie ever made." It most certainly is one of them.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Just watched Blazing Saddles and every single extra on the blu.

Lol Mel Brooks straight out said "Blazing Saddles is the funniest movie ever made." It most certainly is one of them.

Ha! I spun THE PRODUCERS last night for my Mel Brooks/Gene Wilder fix. Holds up beautifully. I've never seen the remake, can't imagine it being half as good. I have Blazing Saddles pretty much memorized from watching it so much as a kid. 90% of the jokes would be impossible today.

1-Blazing-Saddles-quotes.jpg

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
I loooove Blazing Saddles watched it many times over the decades, even saw it it at the cinema on a double bill with... hang on... the Charles Bronson film Hard Times (retitled The Streetfighter here in the UK) in Nov 1976, and again in May 1977 on a double bill with Bullitt. You would think they would pair it with another comedy, never mind I'm a big fan of the Bronson and McQueen movies.

I saw 71 movies at the cinema in 1976, cut to 40 years later and I've seen 6 films so far on the big screen this year. :eek:

611f428ea1879aba29c6a571c96cc805.jpg

GOVERNOR:” Work, work, work! Work, work, work! Work, work, work! (stares at his secretary’s chest) Hello boys. Have a good nights rest? I missed you!

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I'm still trying to figure out if that's necessarily a good thing.

It is what it is. Times change. I'm fine with losing race/gender jokes of old if it means a person is going to be treated equally by society. Blazing Saddles and Mel Brooks in general does a brilliant job with the humour targets that people who get offended are most likely missing the larger point.

I think it was last night he was doing an appearance showing Blazing Saddles and someone from the crowd asked him "Boxers or briefs?" without missing a beat he answered "Depends."

90 years old and still the quickest comic on the scene. :)

No one caught this at his Hollywood Star ceremony:

mel-brooks-sixth-prosthetic-finger-to-handprint-ceremony__oPt.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.