Steve Christou
Monroe, Marilyn_128.jpg
Monroe, Marilyn (Let's Make Love).jpg

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
:dancing-banana-04: Only the US won more gold medals than the UK at the Olympics. Not bad for a tiny little island somewhere in the North Atlantic. Where are all the post-Brexit doomsayers now? :D

d710243dcdae568a2544f166ddfb7187.jpg

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
Saw Hell or High Water this weekend. Very good movie!

I had missed seeing In Order of Disappearance at the Hawaii International Film Festival last year, but it sounded so good that I ordered the UK DVD. (No English-friendly blu yet as far as I know. But the DVD looked terrific on my upconverting player.) Watched it this weekend, and it was terrific!! Stellan Skarsgard plays a father out for some revenge, and it's a black comedy of a crime drama set in snowy Norway. I think it's getting a theatrical U.S. release this month.

in-order-of-disappearance-quad.jpg

Was in a movie-viewing mood this 3-day weekend, so also watched Kelly + Victor, Pioneer and Bon Cop, Bad Cop.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
My cats could beat up on those wimpy corgis.

Remember Farmer Maggot in LOTR? His proper English dogs were named Wolf, Fang, and Grip. That's more like it.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
We had a time out from the Olympics on Saturday night in Canada. Gord Downie, the lead singer of The Tragically Hip was diagnosed with brain cancer earlier this year and they showed their final show live on the CBC. I'm sure most of you are unfamiliar with the band, but they are legend up here. An event so important to the country that the Prime Minister was there, the CBC cut from their Olympic coverage to show it live, they broadcast it with no interruptions, no commercial breaks, no banner advertising of any kind, and they told the band they could play for as long as they wanted. It was a great performance that was at time hard to watch. A man who knows he's going to die doing one last show. A third of Canada watched it.

I'll never forget it.

tragically-hip-kingston-concert.jpg

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Ah I see it looked like minus 32° Hey I remembered how to add the little circle thing after the number! I'm a genius! No I didn't. I had to google it. I can never remember the effin' number. ALT + 248 °

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.