What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Star Trek: Insurrection SE on June 7th (1 Viewer)

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Insurrection? Special?
Between the zit and boob jokes and Data being a floatation device, I just dont think of this as Trek.
From what I have read it was originally suppose to be a darker film like Apocolypse Now but Stewart wanted it to be Trek-lite. His input (probably forced) ruined this movie and Spiner's contribution to Nemesis ruined that.
What does that say????

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
That you despise this film so much, that it doesn't make a lot of sense that you're posting here, except to rain on the parade of people who like the film?

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I just preordered the film from Deep Discout.

I was kind of letdown that the Goldsmith documentary on First Contact did not talk about the awesome music in Star Trek 5 and also Insurrection. Great scores, IMO.

Looking forward to the DTS track on Insurrection. Hopefully some more stories about what was changed, etc from the original story concept.
I read the Making of Star Trek Insurrection book a while back and remember seeing some things abot how this was going to be a very dark film.

I think it was going to be difficult to top First Contact no matter what kind of film they did.

Introducing all new villains, etc was kind of bold as well.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I just preordered the film from Deep Discout.

I was kind of letdown that the Goldsmith documentary on First Contact did not talk about the awesome music in Star Trek 5 and also Insurrection. Great scores, IMO.

Looking forward to the DTS track on Insurrection. Hopefully some more stories about what was changed, etc from the original story concept.
I read the Making of Star Trek Insurrection book a while back and remember seeing some things abot how this was going to be a very dark film.

I think it was going to be difficult to top First Contact no matter what kind of film they did.

Introducing all new villains, etc was kind of bold as well.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
There are plenty of problems in the movie, noticeaby the terribly forced humor. I consider Insurrection the Star Trek V for TNG: a botched attempt.

Yes, I'll be getting it, if only to complete the collection.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
^ I almost haave to believe there will be. Why come this far in milking for more money when there's one more movie to double dip on? It makes sense, since we got First Contact in March and Insurrection in June. No SCE's were released that close together in the same calendar year. I'm thinking Nemesis SCE in September or October.

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
I just want to know if there will be more deleted scenes on the Nemesis SCE and if they will have the effects completed for those scenes.

PeterTHX

Senior HTF Member
I think Paramount wants to be done with Trek this year.

Next year it's time to sell the franchise all over again in HD. Plus it's the 40th Anniversary.

Sigh. 40th Anniversary.
30th we got a great episode of DS9 (Trials and Tribblations), a suck (but interesting) Voyager episode (with the inane Sulu) and a kick ass movie (First Contact).

2006: Enterprise killed by Paramount and bitchy "fans". Movie franchise moribund....sad time to be a true Trek fan.

Ocean Phoenix

Supporting Actor

Wow, that's a really cool way to look at that movie...makes me appreciate the movie even more (and it's already one of my favourite movies) by seeing it in a new light as I think of it as the culmination of 30 years of evolution in the Star Trek franchise. 30 years, leading to the franchise's ultimate achievement with its most accomplished film. On a related note, it's nice to think of how the 20th anniversary brought "Star Trek IV", another high point in the franchise's history.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate

I doubt it. I can't believe Paramount would pour more money into that thing. Fans will buy deleted scenes without finished effects. This isn't Star Wars or LOTR. The effects will not be finished.

And anyway, the single disc Nemesis already has several deleted scenes.

Britton

Screenwriter
DavisDVD just posted the back cover for Insurrection. There is no director's commentary listed nor does it have any mention of deleted scenes. I already have the current 1-disc, so I'm going to pass on this. All I'm missing is the DTS sound, but I can live without it for this movie if it means keeping my bills in my wallet.

Alex-A

Stunt Coordinator
Curious....but my gut instint is smelling something fishy with that cover. Don't quite know what but it doesn't look right. Besides, why would Paramount's own press release for this title make mention of a bunch of deleted scenes and then not include anything?

Justin^W

Agent
I thought this was an alright trek movie. It's no first contact or khan, but I enjoyed watching it. I'm interested to see some of those deleted scenes. I don't really need the hours and hours of commentary though.

Mark Maltais

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark
I now see this movie as the beginning of the end. That being said I will probably double dip, being a long time fan.

What I don't understand is after it's lackluster performance in theaters and the fact that they let Stewart and Spiner have a lot of input why would they give them even BIGGER input in Nemesis? Were they blackmailing paramount? "We get input or we don't do the movie!" type of thing?

I loved First Contact, thought it did most things right. Insurection was OK but too slow and Picard going "rogue" against a single supervisor is not what the previews led me to believe (I thought he was going to defy Starfleet itself).

I didn't mind Nemesis for what it was, a polical thriller type show, and it would probably have been great as a two parter tv episode. But for a Star Trek MOVIE it should have had a lot more substance and appeal and I think it just did not deliver. Now I'm wondering how the last two movies would have fared without "the big two" putting in their $0.02.

Britton

Screenwriter

Maybe there will be a delay so they can fix the cover so it correctly lists the special features a la the Generations SCE. :D

DaveMK

Agent
Either the scan is faaake or the printing was in error.
The British Board of Film Classification has already screened the extras for the disc & listed the scene #s & running times for the deleted scenes(Total of 11m 48sec U.S. conversion)
If they have printed the back cover wrong-it is an example of the most dreadful incompetance. The main thing I am looking forward to are the deleted scenes. If for some reason they are not on the disc-NO SALE! It's 5 weeks, hopefully they can fix the print error in time to save the release date.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassidylhorne
Recent bookmarks