What's new

Press Release CBS Press Release: Star Trek Lower Decks: Season 3 (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
0ccfb336-2b8b-1717-f518-751beafe8681.png
b85ef1f2-1c6e-4f66-2f3d-7ac4b3dc7b0f.jpg
With Over 45 Minutes of Special Features

The U.S.S. Cerritos crew is back when STAR TREK: LOWER DECKS SEASON 3 arrives on DVD on April 25. Currently sitting at a 100% on Rotten Tomatoes, STAR TREK: LOWER DECKS SEASON 3 includes all 10 episodes from the latest season plus exclusive audio commentaries from cast and crew, a look behind the episodes, a Season 3 Lower Decktionary and an entertaining voyage into Deep Space Nine.

Created by Emmy® Award winner Mike McMahan, Season 3 of STAR TREK: LOWER DECKS challenges the U.S.S. Cerritos ensigns in (hilarious) ways they could never imagine, starting with a shocking resolution for Season 2’s epic cliffhanger finale. This 2-Disc collection includes every episode, along with over 45 minutes of special features. Also featuring guest appearances by Nana Visitor (“Star Trek: Deep Space Nine”) and Armin Shimerman (“Star Trek: Deep Space Nine”).

Special Features: Audio Commentary by Jonathan Frakes, Tawny Newsome and Mike McMahan (Ep. 301)
Docking at Deep Space 9 (Ep. 306)
Audio Commentary by Nana Visitor, Armin Shimerman, Tawny Newsome, Noël Wells, Jack Quaid, Eugene Cordero and Mike McMahan (Ep. 306)
Audio Commentary by Barry Kelly, Kether Donohue and Mike McMahan (Ep. 307)
Audio Commentary by Tawny Newsome, Noël Wells, Jack Quaid, Jerry O' Connell and Mike McMahan (Ep. 308)
Audio Commentary by Jack Quaid, Dawnn Lewis and Fred Tatasciore (Ep. 310)
Lower Decktionary Season 3

STAR TREK: LOWER DECKS SEASON 3 will also be available on Blu-ray™ manufactured on demand and digital.*
*Special features available digitally with the purchase of the full season.

Specifications: Widescreen Format
English 5.1 Dolby Digital
English SDH Subtitles

U.S. Rating: Not Rated

Canadian Rating: PG

Run Time: 4:17:54 257:54:00

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate, HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited:

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Is there any indication where the "manufactured on demand" Blu-Ray will be available to purchase?

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Yikes, blu-ray only on demand? That's not a good sign. I guess they won't be issuing a steelbook edition for this like they did for the first two seasons?

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Blu-ray MOD doesn’t mean burned discs. It just means smaller batches of pressed discs with less widespread physical retail distribution, which is exactly what Warner Archive and other boutique labels do.

Given that TV on disc is the worst selling category of physical media, with TV on Blu-ray specifically being a very tough sales subcategory, and animated TV on BD selling even worse within that already small niche, I don’t see a problem with doing smaller print runs targeted at the audience that actually buys them, rather than printing a whole ton to sit on Best Buy and Target shelves collecting dust.

Frankly, I applaud Paramount for finding a way to viability for continuing releases of this series on disc.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Do I read this right? Special features are only digital for the Blu-ray? That would really suck.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I don’t think that’s the correct interpretation.

STAR TREK: LOWER DECKS SEASON 3 will also be available on Blu-ray™ manufactured on demand and digital.*
*Special features available digitally with the purchase of the full season.

The asterisk is only attached to the word digital. It is saying that the special features will be on the Blu-ray, and also available with digital purchases for people who purchase the complete digital season. Bonus features will not be offered to people who purchase only individual episodes. So if you go on iTunes and buy the complete season 3, you get bonus features. But if you go to iTunes and only buy episode 301, you don’t get the bonus feature for that episode.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
I don’t think that’s the correct interpretation.

The asterisk is only attached to the word digital. It is saying that the special features will be on the Blu-ray, and also available with digital purchases for people who purchase the complete digital season. Bonus features will not be offered to people who purchase only individual episodes. So if you go on iTunes and buy the complete season 3, you get bonus features. But if you go to iTunes and only buy episode 301, you don’t get the bonus feature for that episode.

That's fair-- after all, if the bonuses were only available for digital purchasers, why would you purchase the Blu to begin with?

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
I don't know if you are serious or what.

Better picture quality
Permanence of ownership
Better control over freeze frame

You're right-- that came out absolutely wrong. I was trying to agree with those who didn't want to purchase this Blu hoping for bonuses, only for them to discover that the bonuses are only available digitally or streaming (apparently, I had a poor choice of words).

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Please let’s not turn this into another physical vs streaming debate. No media format whether physical or digital is infallible, and it’s up to each of us to determine which choice is most appropriate to our individual preferences.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18
Recent bookmarks