What's new

Press Release PHE Press Release: Star Trek: Strange New Worlds - Season Two (4k UHD SteelBook) (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
“This is Star Trek at its best”
(TV Guide)
166d8a39-177a-e153-3a8c-b5b67863ec69.png
fa248910-0639-c229-af00-3e47f01c741d.png
Star Trek: Strange New Worlds Season 2 Arrives on DVD, Blu-ray™, and 4K UHD December 5

Go behind the scenes with over 2 HOURS of Special Features, including exclusive deleted and alternate scenes, and so much more!
Limited Edition Blu-ray and 4K UHD Steelbooks also available featuring exclusive collectible items
LOS ANGELES – September 19, 2023 – With a certified fresh rating of 97% on Rotten Tomatoes*, Star Trek: Strange New Worlds Season 2 arrives on DVD, Blu-ray™, and 4K UHD on December 5th from Paramount Home Entertainment. Join the crew of the U.S.S Enterprise that’s “Beyond impressive” (Rolling Stone) as they go where no season of “Star Trek” has ever gone before! Star Trek: Strange New Worlds Season 2 features the first ever “Star Trek” musical episode, a crossover episode with Star Trek: Lower Decks, and more than 2 hours of special features, including behind the scenes featurettes and never-before-seen deleted, extended, and alternate scenes.

The cast includes Anson Mount (Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, Safe) as Captain Christopher Pike, Ethan Peck (In Time, The Sorcerer’s Apprentice) as Science Officer Spock, Rebecca Romijn (X-Men, Femme Fatale) as Una Chin-Riley, Celia Rose Gooding (Breakwater, “Foul Play”) as Nyota Uhura, Jess Bush (“Halifax Retribution”) as Nurse Christine Chapel and featuring Academy Award® Nominee for Best Actress, Carol Kane* (Hester Street) as Pelia.

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds Season 2 Synopsis
In Season Two of Star Trek: Strange New Worlds, the crew of the U.S.S. Enterprise, commanded by Captain Christopher Pike (Anson Mount), confronts increasingly dangerous stakes, explores uncharted territories, and embarks on personal journeys that continue to test their resolve and redefine their destinies. Facing friends and enemies both new and familiar, their adventures unfold in surprising ways never seen on any “Star Trek” series. The 4-disc DVD, 4-disc Blu-ray and 3-disc 4K UHD collections feature every thrilling episode, including a special crossover event with Star Trek: Lower Decks, the first ever “Star Trek musical episode, and over 2 hours of special features!

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds Season 2 Special Features:
Prepare to explore Strange New Worlds with more than 2 hours of special features, including featurettes that take you behind the scenes of this remarkable series. Plus, get even more Strange New Worldswith deleted, extended, and alternate scenes, including an alternate take of the Klingon song from “Subspace Rhapsody.”
  • Producing Props
  • The Costumes Closet
  • The Gorn
  • Singing in Space
  • Exploring New Worlds
  • Deleted, Extended, and Alternate Scenes (Exclusive)
Limited Edition Steelbooks
Show off the ultimate collection with either the 4K UHD or Blu-ray Limited Edition Steelbooks. Both include a “Subspace Rhapsody” poster, and the 4K UHD also includes a set of four exclusive character magnets that will let fans customize the key art with their favorite character!

About Paramount Home Entertainment
Paramount Home Entertainment (PHE) is part of Paramount Pictures Corporation (PPC), a global producer and distributor of filmed entertainment. PPC is a unit of Paramount (NASDAQ: PARA, PARAA), a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. The PHE division oversees PPC’s home entertainment and transactional digital distribution activities worldwide. The division is responsible for the sales, marketing and distribution of home entertainment content on behalf of Paramount Pictures, Paramount Animation, Paramount Television Studios, Paramount Players, MTV, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central and CBS and applicable licensing and servicing of certain DreamWorks Animation titles. PHE additionally manages global licensing of studio content and transactional distribution across worldwide digital distribution platforms including online mobile and portable devices and emerging technologies.
About Paramount Pictures
Paramount Pictures Corporation (PPC), a global producer and distributor of filmed entertainment, is a unit of Paramount (NASDAQ: PARA, PARAA), a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Paramount Pictures controls a collection of some of the most powerful brands in filmed entertainment, including Paramount Pictures, Paramount Animation, and Paramount Players. PPC operations also include Paramount Home Entertainment, Paramount Pictures International, Paramount Licensing Inc., and Paramount Studio Group.
CBS Home Entertainment manages the worldwide DVD and Blu-ray businesses for the CBS Corporation across all lines of content including current hits and classic series from the vast CBS library, as well as new releases from Showtime Networks. CBS Home Entertainment products are released on the CBS DVD and CBS Blu-ray labels.
ACADEMY AWARD® is the registered trademark and service mark of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
*Academy Award® Nominee Carol Kane – Hester Street Best Actress in a Leading Role – 1976

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds Season 2

Street Date: December 5, 2023 (DVD, Blu-ray, and 4K UHD/Blu-ray SteelBook)

U.S. Rating: NR
Canada Rating: PG
4K UHD Format: 4K Ultra HD in Dolby Vision with English 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio and French 5.1 Dolby Digital. Includes English SDH and French Subtitles
Blu-ray™ Format: 1080p HD with English 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio and French 5.1 Dolby Digital. Includes English SDH and French Subtitles
DVD Format: Standard Definition with English 5.1 Dolby Digital and French 5.1 Dolby Digital. Includes English SDH and French Subtitles

###

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate, HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited:

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Glad we won’t have to wait until the new season to get this. Maybe by year-end? I also hope we get an UHD steelbook. I guess it depends on how well the previous one sold.

Camper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David Dennis
They need to announce a standard UHD for season 2 -- like they did fot season 1. I don't want or need the SteelBook.
Season 1 had 4 releases. Standard and SteelBook on BR and the same for UHD

mark27b

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Pledger
They need to announce a standard UHD for season 2 -- like they did fot season 1. I don't want or need the SteelBook.
Season 1 had 4 releases. Standard and SteelBook on BR and the same for UHD
I want an standard amaray case 4K UHD release too

None of my other Trek are steelbooks.

Also hoping this will be the case with the new Disney+ MCU and Star Wars releases too.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the update Ron. Glad to see this release date. I guess Paramount CBS do not want to release the Star Trek shows in a combined set with both Blu-ray and 4K together. I’ll have to get both! I can see not everyone wants both.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I pre-ordered the Steelbook’s of the 4K and blu ray sets a few days ago. Looks on track for delivery tomorrow. Looking forward to re-watching the second season from a disc.

Though it will unfortunately be a long wait for the third season.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
My steelbook arrived today. Beware: the extra magnet covers create weight on the steelbook and the spine is damaged. I’ve ordered a replacement.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Sam, thanks for the heads up. My Steelbook arrived yesterday too, but I haven’t had a chance to open my set yet.

i did a quick search and I did not realize there are alternative magnetic covers! So I’m not sure why their weight is damaging the spine yet. So I’ll be careful when I open mine.

This is a kind of novel extra I’ve not seen on a Steelbook before. Though odd they did not include all the characters.

i found these images on a trek central review of the Steelbook. The review also said it was kind of odd the included poster of Subspace Rhapsody is a folded paper poster, and not more substantially done. Perhaps he thought it should be higher quality paper.
IMG_2042.jpeg IMG_2041.jpeg

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
It’s a really nice set, and the magnetic covers are a nice touch, but it’s pretty heavy. I’ve never had a steelbook break on me before. But when I took the plastic wrap off and opened it, it was clear that it was broken. Hopefully this is a one time thing and the replacement copy will be okay.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
I’ve never had a steelbook break on me before.

I have. Two years ago, ordering on-line from Best Buy, SBs of three different titles arrived with cracked or broken spines. Three titles in a row...and separately, not together.

I'd like to blame the shoddy plastic envelope packaging, but at least one of the three came in a box (with nothing much in the way of padding).

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
My steelbook arrived today. Beware: the extra magnet covers create weight on the steelbook and the spine is damaged. I’ve ordered a replacement.
The irony is that the actual steelbook back cover art, with the top view of the Enterprise saucer and the silhouette of the whole Enterprise on the rainbow cloud cover below, is far nicer than any of the headshot covers.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I took a few minutes to open my Steelbook to check the case. Mine looks okay, the plastic spine is intact and hinges Ok.
IMG_2634.jpeg

I see the magnetic images, I was worried the magnetic force was going to be so strong it was what damaged the case. But it was ok, the magnetic force is not that strong. It does seem odd they did not include Ortegas, M’Benga, Pelia, and even Hemmer Or Kirk Or T’Pring. I thought it might be better had Pike‘s cover shot be a magnetic thing too, then you had the cast headshots removable and the cover would be something else. Then one could place all the headshots on the refrigerator. Ha, ha. :)

As far as the cover design using Pike’s headshot, I see a trend here:
IMG_2044.jpeg IMG_2045.jpeg

Jeff Brooks

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeff Brooks
Until I saw your post, I had no idea this had the magnetic images! I had noticed the package was much heavier than any other steel-book we have. Cool concept. My Wife also suggested putting the ones we do not use on the refrigerator!

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
This is how dumb I am... I simply stuck all the magnets to my refrigerator. It never occurred to me that you could pick one to be your "new" SteelBook cover image, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks