What's new

Pre-Order Star Trek: The Original 4-Movie Collection (4k UHD Combo) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Very tempting... though no director's cuts in 4K (or even HD for TMP) that way though...

_Man_
I figure I can always buy the director's cut of TMP separately later. I have the DC of Wrath of Khan on BD. Since I didn't have any of the 10 films digitally, it made sense in my case. I gave my wife some of the BDs to sell -- if she gets me $15 total I will be happy.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I figure I can always buy the director's cut of TMP separately later. I have the DC of Wrath of Khan on BD. Since I didn't have any of the 10 films digitally, it made sense in my case.

Good point. I also have the last TWOK BD release (and none of the other BDs besides First Contact and the Kelvin timeline reboots, which I already have in 4K)... but getting this digital bundle now (for me) would probably mean committing to not getting any 4K disc sets and just going for a few future standalone 4K disc releases whenever they come out, ie. TMP DC, probably TWOK DC, probably Undiscovered Country, probably First Contact.

Would be nice to finally have the other lesser titles in this affordable, convenient form (that would likely get free future 4K upgrades)...

_Man_

Museum Pieces

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Skylar
I got my BDs today. For what it's worth, here is a comparison frame from Search for Spock.

Original Blu-ray
bd.JPG

Blu-ray from 4K source
4k.JPG

Here's a comparison from Voyage Home

Original Blu ray
iv bd.JPG

Blu ray from 4K source
IV 4k.JPG

Last edited:

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
From what I could tell Wal*Mart did not have the 4K set or even an empty spot for this.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
From what I could tell Wal*Mart did not have the 4K set or even an empty spot for this.

Agreed. It was in stock when I looked the other day online but has gone out of stock.

I’m hoping my Amazon order will ship next week.

cinemel1

Second Unit
Real Name
Mel Matsil
After seeing that my Amazon order was deleted, I noticed that it was listed at a price of $137, outrageous! I went over to my local BB they told me they were closing out their physical media department. It was not even in the New Releases section. This morning I ordered it on the BB site ($77) for curbside pickup later today. I had almost given up and was going to be satisfied with my blu-rays. I’m going to pick it up later today. Tonight I’ll try them out and probably watch Khan.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I figure I can always buy the director's cut of TMP separately later. I have the DC of Wrath of Khan on BD. Since I didn't have any of the 10 films digitally, it made sense in my case. I gave my wife some of the BDs to sell -- if she gets me $15 total I will be happy.

Good point. I also have the last TWOK BD release (and none of the other BDs besides First Contact and the Kelvin timeline reboots, which I already have in 4K)... but getting this digital bundle now (for me) would probably mean committing to not getting any 4K disc sets and just going for a few future standalone 4K disc releases whenever they come out, ie. TMP DC, probably TWOK DC, probably Undiscovered Country, probably First Contact.

Would be nice to finally have the other lesser titles in this affordable, convenient form (that would likely get free future 4K upgrades)...

_Man_

Well, I went ahead and took the plunge on the iTunes set for $35. Figured even if I do eventually end up buying any of the 4K disc box sets (or probably even the standalone discs I most want), I could probably just sell the included DCs to recoup some of this cost...

I've never actually owned more than 4(?) of these titles before and only have TWOK and First Contact on BD (and none on HD digital), so why not...

_Man_

Museum Pieces

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Skylar
My chief complaint about watching TMP on home video has always been, in one form or another, that the shots of Vger simply weren't as interesting because the detail, color and dynamic range simply wasn't there. That they went on to long was how I usually voiced my complaint, but after finally having the circumstance to throw my 4K of TMP on my 60-inch, I have to say, the traveling shots of Vger are a joy (my screen grabs hardly do it justice). They engaged me and I sailed straight through this film. This 4K is a gift I have wanted long before such home theater technology existed. I'm really grateful to have this film in UHD.

a.png

vlcsnap-2021-09-10-19h41m52s158.png

vlcsnap-2021-09-10-19h42m30s29.png

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
A quick check if Tarsczhay (which carries a lot of CBS/Paramount -Whatever) \didn't have the set or an empty space) either :( ... It doesn't look like it's online either ...

KPmusmag

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kevin Parcher
I pass a Best Buy on the way home from work everyday, so I went online and it was available. I chose in-store pick-up over curbside because that parking lot is really awkward, so I parked on the side and walked around. They were quite disorganized in there, no one quite knew what was going on with in-store pick-up apparently, so it took longer than I would have liked, but they found it for me. I am very much looking forward to watching this weekend!

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
So I sat down this afternoon and watched TMP 4K and TWOK 4K Director's Cut from this set. I think they look and sound as fantastic as they possibly can, and I'm super-happy about it. Never have either of these films looked better on home video, and I'm really hoping that the upcoming 4K UHD release of TMP Director's Cut measures up. I'm sure it will.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks