What's new

Press Release PHE Press Release: Star Trek: The Motion Picture Restored Director's Edition and Six-Movie Collection (4k UHD) (1 Viewer)

Allansfirebird

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Sean
Is this the usual Paramount special of putting a new coat over the same old disc with the same old special features?

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Happened to see the motion picture directors edition standard Blu-ray at my
Local Target yesterday. I was surprised to see it in Stock at the store! No 4k to be found but target has greatly reduced the number
Of discs in stores in recent months.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
The latter.
I don’t know if you got your question answered, apologies for missing the post. The Star Trek 3 Steelbook will be released on May 28th, so no reviews yet to determine if this release has any new content, I would imagine this is the current 4K blu ray in a shiny new Steelbook case. It will be nice if they do this with the other 5 TOS films. I don’t know why they chose to do a Steelbook for Star Trek 3, if anything, they would have done Star Trek 2, or First Contact, the more popular titles.

I’ll probably be collecting Star Trek 3 steelbook because it’s cool and I would like to have it in the collection, and I’m stupid. And that’s the only reason. :)

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I don’t know if you got your question answered, apologies for missing the post. The Star Trek 3 Steelbook will be released on May 28th, so no reviews yet to determine if this release has any new content, I would imagine this is the current 4K blu ray in a shiny new Steelbook case. It will be nice if they do this with the other 5 TOS films. I don’t know why they chose to do a Steelbook for Star Trek 3, if anything, they would have done Star Trek 2, or First Contact, the more popular titles.

I’ll probably be collecting Star Trek 3 steelbook because it’s cool and I would like to have it in the collection, and I’m stupid. And that’s the only reason. :)
It would have to be more for me to buy the film again in 4k. Some new extras or a new behind the scenes.
Where is all of the deleted scenes for Star Trek 3 btw???

Getting the thread back on track, I watched the tmp directors edition 4k again recently. The audio is such an amazing step up. I find myself really honing in on just listening to the audio. I love the new dialogue bits and of course the mix is just so cool. It’s great to have this film finally completed properly.

It has become my favorite and most watched film of the series.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Tim, the new dialog bits are a revelation on the new sound mix. Especially the ones by Keonig and Shatner. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks