What's new

Paramount+ Paramount+ Streaming Service (Formerly CBS All Access) (1 Viewer)

Museum Pieces

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Skylar
I am frustrated with P+ customer service. They do not take the time to read a complaint closely. My complaint wasn't that they removed something. My complaint was that they removed it without giving notice like some other streaming services do: "Leaves Prime in six days" etc. P+ couldn't grasp what I was saying. They thought I was complaining that something was removed. I'd just like some notice so I can make plans to finish what I want to see before it's gone. It's not rocket science. But they can't even read emails correctly, after I sent three of them, the final one written like it was to an elementary school child who was having trouble learning to read. And they still didn't get the problem.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Well, the knuckleheads at P+ did it again... by seemingly removing ST: Prodigy faster than one might expect. Had thought they'd at least wait til end of month, but nope, it's already gone... :rolleyes: and much like w/ almost all of Young Sheldon, you wouldn't have known that was coming so very soon if you're just the avg customer who doesn't follow such things so closely like we do here...:angry::wacko::rolleyes:

Definitely some of the absolute worst customer service I can think of... if we can even actually call theirs customer service at all... instead of (passively?) hostile relations perhaps... :rolleyes:

_Man_

Last edited:

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Effective today, Paramount+ is now "Paramount+ with Showtime." Emails were sent out to subscribers this morning detailing the changes.

If you subscribed to the P+ ad-supported plan, nothing changes except the pricing, which will be $5.99 per month or $59.99 annual, effective July 27, 2023 or on your next renewal date for annual subscribers.

Ditto for P+ Premium, except your subscription now includes Showtime and pricing is now $11.99 per month or $119.99 annual, effective July 27, 2023 or on your next renewal date for annual subscribers.

More details can be found on the Are Paramount+ Plans Changing page.

Museum Pieces

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Skylar
We will have a decision to make in December. We have been paying $88 per year for P+, which we thought was fair, but now they are pulling shows, and we never cared about Showtime anyway. We will probably do it to support Star Trek, but we are not happy about it. Then again, I have never been happy about streaming. From day one I said it was ephemeral, that the debt model was not sustainable over the long term, and that anything can be removed at any time, despite the price that a subscriber pays remains the same (or usually goes up right after content is pulled!)

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Darn it. Just got the e-mail today:

YOUR PLAN PRICE IS CHANGING
Hi Bryan,
As of today, the Paramount+ Premium plan is now called Paramount+ with SHOWTIME®, and costs $11.99/month. As part of the name change, you now have access to SHOWTIME programming on Paramount+ (commercial free!), in addition to all the benefits already available to Premium plan subscribers.
The new price will apply to current subscribers starting with your first subscription renewal on or after July 27, 2023.
No further action is required on your part if you wish to keep your Paramount+ with SHOWTIME plan. The payment method tied to your account will be charged the new price unless you cancel before your next renewal date on or after July 27, 2023.

Has Paramount + been struggling? I want nothing from Showtime. I might just wait until the Trek series get disc release and buy/watch then (I do anyway).

I have been using Paramount+ Quite a bit. For convenience as everything I watch on there I own on disc with the exception of nuTrek.

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
What do you think of that fact that Paramount has released some of Paramount+'s shows and movies on DVD and possibly Blu?

It's a model that the other streamers (mainly Disney) need to emulate. Heck, I would also settle for being able to purchase the shows through Vudu.

I bought the first two seasons of Picard for $10 a piece at Vudu. I plan to purchase season 3 and may even do so before it drops to $10. I've never actually subscribed to the service other than taking advantage of one of the extended free trials at the beginning of Covid to watch the first season of Picard.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
How much was the old paramount plan? Only thing I had it for was Survivor and I’m not going to give them $120 for that. I will figure out alternate means to get that content

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
I'm curious about how this will affect getting P+ through Amazon. I currently get access to P+ programming as a free "channel" in Prime. I've never had to subscribe to it. So far, I've yet to get any notification from Amazon that this will change.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I'm curious about how this will affect getting P+ through Amazon. I currently get access to P+ programming as a free "channel" in Prime. I've never had to subscribe to it. So far, I've yet to get any notification from Amazon that this will change.

How do you get it free on Amazon Prime video?

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
How do you get it free on Amazon Prime video?

I have a subscription to Prime. The main screen on Prime shows Paramount+ as a "channel". And I'm able to watch shows in that channel. I've never subscribed to Paramount+, but Prime has let me watch various P+ shows without any problem (unlike other "channels" listed on Prime). I've never questioned it.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Yeah I’m not sure how that is happening.
It’s never been included a a free channel that I know of.

Prime occasionally offers free programming from select “channels” but not access to all the content just as part of having Prime.

IMG_3302.jpeg

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
It's a model that the other streamers (mainly Disney) need to emulate. Heck, I would also settle for being able to purchase the shows through Vudu.

I bought the first two seasons of Picard for $10 a piece at Vudu. I plan to purchase season 3 and may even do so before it drops to $10. I've never actually subscribed to the service other than taking advantage of one of the extended free trials at the beginning of Covid to watch the first season of Picard.

Given how much they typically charge for their disc releases and my increasing preference to just stream shows (vs movies), I'd prefer going that route too, especially at the oft-enough recurring sale prices.

I'll just buy discs for the ones I really love when they become more affordable (probably a few years down the line) though... as I've done in the past (w/ ST:TNG for instance).

_Man_

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Darn it. Just got the e-mail today:

YOUR PLAN PRICE IS CHANGING
Hi Bryan,
As of today, the Paramount+ Premium plan is now called Paramount+ with SHOWTIME®, and costs $11.99/month. As part of the name change, you now have access to SHOWTIME programming on Paramount+ (commercial free!), in addition to all the benefits already available to Premium plan subscribers.
The new price will apply to current subscribers starting with your first subscription renewal on or after July 27, 2023.
No further action is required on your part if you wish to keep your Paramount+ with SHOWTIME plan. The payment method tied to your account will be charged the new price unless you cancel before your next renewal date on or after July 27, 2023.

Has Paramount + been struggling? I want nothing from Showtime. I might just wait until the Trek series get disc release and buy/watch then (I do anyway).

I have been using Paramount+ Quite a bit. For convenience as everything I watch on there I own on disc with the exception of nuTrek.

I guess you hadn't been paying attention, heh. Don't really blame yah, but yeah, this was announced a while back... and they had been promoting the combo even long before that point... as I've actually added Showtime to my P+ subscription on 2 separate occasions using some promo offer over the past year and change -- and currently, I'm in the middle of a 1-year promo discounted subscription w/ both.

Adding Showtime for just extra $2/month is a no-brainer to me, not that $10/month is all that attractive for P+ itself, especially given its various issues... although they've also removed quite a bit of content from the Showtime section since they started merging permanently a while ago.

Anyhoo, it is what it is, and now, that's not an option anymore, but just always included. I will probably go back to just subscribing a couple months each year to binge on whatever after my 1-year subscription ends around New Year's Eve... unless there's another good promo offer at that point...

_Man_

Museum Pieces

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Skylar
More shows removed form P+

• All In With Cam Newton: The NFL star mentors children to help them achieve their dreams.
  • Allegra’s Window: A 1994 musical children's series.
  • Becca’s Bunch: A 2018 series for preschoolers featuring handmade puppets.
  • Bella and the Bulldogs: A 2015 Nickelodeon comedy series about a cheerleader who becomes quarterback for the boys football team.
  • Blood & Treasure: A CBS series that shifted to Paramount Plus that follows a thief and an antiquities expert who work together to stop a terrorist.
  • Crashletes: A Nickelodeon series that features viral clips of sports fails.
  • Digby Dragon: This 2016 animated TV series from the UK is about a dragon and his friends in a magical land.
  • From Cradle to Stage: Six episode series from Dave Grohl, profiling artists from their early personal lives through to their success.
  • Ghislaine: Partner in Crime: A docuseries that examined the titular Jeffrey Epstein accomplice.
  • Inside Amy Schumer: Comedy Central sketch comedy series from the titular comedian.
  • Legendary Dudas: Nickelodeon series about two disagreeable bothers who find themselves in the same middle-school homeroom class.
  • Monsters vs. Aliens: Dreamworks animated series based on the movie of the same name.
  • Mutt & Stuff: A children's television series starring Calvin Millan, the son of Cesar Millan, aka "The Dog Whisperer."
  • Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn: Nickelodeon TV series about 9-year-old quadruplets, ran four seasons.
  • Peter Rabbit: Computer animated series about the iconic children's book character.
  • Pig Goat Banana Cricket: The titular animals are best friends in this animated series that ran two seasons.
  • Ride: Live-action series focusing on a girl who enrolls at an equestrian boarding school.
  • Tell Me a Story: Thriller series from Kevin Williamson, based on a Spanish television series, which re-imagines fairy tales as scarier stories.
  • The Fresh Beat Band: Kids worked together to solve problems in this musical TV series.
  • The Halo Effect: Teens worked to fight large-scale issues, such as poverty and environmental crises.
  • The Troop: High school student Jake is recruited to join a top-secret organization that tackles supernatural beasts and other phenomena.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
More shows removed form P+
  • Monsters vs. Aliens: Dreamworks animated series based on the movie of the same name.

Most on that list seem extremely obscure, but I woulda given this one a shot... IF I had even realized it's on there at all -- don't recall ever seeing it mentioned/promoted anywhere at all unlike most of their reasonably interesting shows. :confused::rolleyes:

Granted, I haven't watched much animated stuff on P+, so maybe that's why it didn't try to suggest it to me somehow (even though I watched some of ST: Prodigy and had that added to "My List")? No idea if that's really the case, but it's not like the platform hides all animated stuff from me though...

Well, huh, that series is actually from ~10 years ago, nothing recent. Maybe it'll resurface again at some point...

_Man_

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I have a subscription to Prime. The main screen on Prime shows Paramount+ as a "channel". And I'm able to watch shows in that channel. I've never subscribed to Paramount+, but Prime has let me watch various P+ shows without any problem (unlike other "channels" listed on Prime). I've never questioned it.
You may want to check your credit card bills for a $9.99 monthly Amazon Channels charge, or log in to your Amazon account, click on Your Account, scroll down to Memberships and Subscriptions, click on Prime Video Channels. It will then show you what channels you are subscribed to and how much it costs per month.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
If you never signed up for Paramount + then that is strange indeed. Ifyou have, you are probably paying for it unknowingly --It happened to me as I forgot I was still subbed, and got vampire billed for almost a year.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
That's probably the case. I haven't been keeping an eye on the Amazon account, as I rarely use Amazon, other than for Prime Video. My wife deals with the account.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I'm ditching this service, most likely forever next month. I no longer watch any new streaming series on it, and the series I watch I already own (lazy me). Crazy to pay for something I don't need at all.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
The only thing I'm watching on P+ right now is Strange New Worlds.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18
Recent bookmarks