What's new

Pre-Order Dragonslayer (1981) (4k UHD) (4k UHD Steelbook) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I am also missing the digital code. I bought the steelbook.

Will email Paramount.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
PHE has already responded to my email and sent me a code. That was fast! Thanks Paramount!

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I wonder if this is an issue confined to the steelbook? Are any of you regular edition 4K owners missing the digital code sheet for this release?
Nope mine came from Target and has the code paper on the left.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
The new Dragonslayer 4K digital is available for $4.99 in this fanflix deal.

Dragons & Danger - 2 or more for $4.99 each

fanflix.co
fanflix.co

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
The commentary track is a lively Q & A with Guillermo del Toro driving the conversation with Dragonslayer writer/director, Matthew Robbins. I love that things I noticed as a child, Del Toro says really impacted him, too. I love the times he jumps in and says things like, "Oh, you no idea what this does to little Guillermo, this magical moment..."

It is a delightful track that I most appreciate being created for this release.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
The commentary track is a lively Q & A with Guillermo del Toro driving the conversation with Dragonslayer writer/director, Matthew Robbins. I love that things I noticed as a child, Del Toro says really impacted him, too. I love the times he jumps in and says things like, "Oh, you no idea what this does to little Guillermo, this magical moment..."

It is a delightful track that I most appreciate being created for this release.

Yeah, it's a good chat. GDT probably talks a little too much but he's such an educated expert presence - and so likable - that I don't mind.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I picked up the $5 digital UHD for now. May get the disc sometime down the road. At the moment I don't need the UHD bells and whistles (no UHD display yet) and seldom get much into the extras.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
This just in from Paramount Support, re: no Atmos on iTunes/Apple TV:

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Dragonslayer. We can confirm that iTunes will include ATMOS at an unconfirmed later date.

Best,
Support Group

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
That’s because the folks at Paramount actually know how to push an updated file to iTunes. The folks at Warner Archive have no idea how to accomplish that.
And Vudu doesn't know what to do with it when they actually get it.

Then there's Sony who is even worse, who will send it with the wrong HDR or audio format.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
This kind of crap is exactly why physical releases are still so important to me. Sure, discs have their occasional problems, but they usually get corrected pretty quickly, and they're few and far between compared to the streaming realm.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
This just in from Paramount Support, re: no Atmos on iTunes/Apple TV:

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Dragonslayer. We can confirm that iTunes will include ATMOS at an unconfirmed later date.

Best,
Support Group

That’s because the folks at Paramount actually know how to push an updated file to iTunes.
And of course Paramount was as good as their word as Dragonslayer updated to Atmos today!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gigaspin88
Recent bookmarks