What's new

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Just watched it and did the A/B with the DVD. I can see why it didn't do well at the box ofice, the movie actually stunk. And the movie score, even brought it down even lower.

The DVD was quite colorful, which is par for the course for DVD, I guess.

They cleaned up some of the matte lines, so the movie looked nice and clean.

If you have the DVD in your collection, IMHO, stick with it and save your money.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Great review Neil.

This is such a great disc. So much better than the drab low res DVD and a vast improvement.

A terrific film with a terrific score and terrific effects. Marvelous in 4K

Last edited:

Museum Pieces

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Skylar
Great review Neil.

This is such a great disc. So much better than the drab low res DVD and a vast improvement.

A terrific film with a terrific score and terrific effects. Marvelous in 4K
Interesting to hear on the director's audio commentary that the score for Dragonslayer was largely ported over from North's unused score for 2001.

JoshZ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joshua Zyber
Interesting to hear on the director's audio commentary that the score for Dragonslayer was largely ported over from North's unused score for 2001.

His unused 2001 score was released on CD back in the '90s, I think. I used to have a copy, but it's been so long since I listened to it that I can't remember for certain how much it resembled the Dragonslayer score.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This morning I finally watched the 4K/UHD in its entirety and I must say I was mighty impressed. With that said, I thought the Atmos audio track was even more impressive than the 4K/Dolby Vision video presentation. I have a new appreciation for this film's soundtrack after listening to it on my Yamaha A8A receiver with 7.1.4 fully engaged.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks